Ultraviolet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ultraviolet Reviews

½ July 4, 2015
This is a stylistic, stunt/action movie. Milla Jovovich's performance as an ass-kicking, live-by-the-sword, bad ass makes this movie worth watching. The sci-fi tech/fights are cool too. The movie relies too much on CGI which at times comes off as cheap looking, and the plot was thin at best. If you are into these types of movies you will enjoy it, if you want depth this might not be for you.
June 21, 2015
Can I say something good about this cyberpunk scifi movie? I don't think so actually. Maybe only the changing-colour dresses or the weapons that can be made appear from I don't know where at need are very good, but nothing more. The cgi is terrible, and I also had the doubt that was a choice to make it so bad, and not because the technician didn't manage to create a good one. But if this is the case it would twice as terrible, because in the late 2000 you can't create a movie like this with an early '80s cgi.
½ May 24, 2015
Incoherent action scenes, generic characters, laughable effects and unwatchable filters. Only things going for it is It's somewhat slick directing and Jovovich.
May 20, 2015
Good action and special effects but yet again a story we have seen already.
½ May 8, 2015
Absolutely top notch science-fantasy with a unique visual style that makes an all time fav of mine and my daughter's.
½ April 30, 2015
One of the worst films I've ever seen!
April 4, 2015
Pretty good movie. Hoping there is a sequel. It feels like it finish.
March 19, 2015
Unabashedly stylish, almost campy at times. The motorcycle chase sequence was certainly a bridge too far but a lot of the fights work quite well - at least as brain & eye candy. (And really, what more does one want from a film like this?) I actually found myself drawn to the lonesome badass, Violet. There's one scene where she succumbs to grief and despair that moved me more than happens in most jaunts of this type. It's probably just as well that it didn't do well enough to get a sequel, but this picture ranks high on my "guilty pleasure" list and I know I'm not the only one.
½ March 5, 2015
Second time around with this one. I still liked it but I still don't understand it in full. Lots of action and fast paced.
½ January 12, 2015
le néant absolu, la nullité a son apogée...dans le top 10 des bouzes ultimes
December 22, 2014
Not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. It's watchable, entertaining and has a great central character (Violet) brought to life by Milla Jovovich, who delivers a solid performance. The downside is that some of the special effects are crap, the action sequences are badly choreographed and the dialogue is clichéd and cheesy.
In conclusion, Ultraviolet is an inventive, watchable, action/sci-fi flick, that will only appeal to a certain audience. 6/10
November 11, 2014
This movie has great production design and therefore looks really good. Other than that, it's a complete waste of time.
October 23, 2014
I don't get why people take this so seriously, It's easy Step 1. Switch off brain; Step 2. Enjoy.

How is it so different from a lot of high budget blockbusters? A lot better than many modern blockbusters. Plus I bought mine for £1.00 Win-Win Situation.
½ October 4, 2014
You might scoff at my 2.5 stars, as bad as this movie is. The bottom line is this: I was entertained somewhat by it's two redeeming qualities- The production design and fight scenes are really cool, and Milla Jovovich is SO insanely hot as Violet... Her looks alone wouldn't have been sufficient but she has an awesome presence and a talent to entertain. Outside of that, Ultraviolet is so ridiculously stupid it's comical.
September 13, 2014
Holy fuck this was bad
August 30, 2014
This is NOT a cool movie. Let the UltraTerrible special effects tell you right away.
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - Spring 2006 in theaters)
August 1, 2014
Awesome Jovovich flick!
July 21, 2014
Just like the rays the title describes, "Ultraviolet" is bad for you & you will feel burned. & why must Milla Jovovich imitate Selma Blair w/ that hair? Incidentally, the director was also in the forgettable new "Flipper" series (w/ also starred Jessica Alba).
June 7, 2014
When you are in a Bolivian hotel room, having a Tony Montana moment, this movie keeps you entertained :) I also love seeing Mila's midriff.