Ultraviolet Reviews

• Jun 14, 2019

Although some ok action and special effects, it can't be saved from wooden acting and a half-assed story

• Jun 05, 2019

Wow. Just...wow. Without even having seen the IMDb rating to expect a disasterpiece of epic proportions, I found myself really, really not liking Ultraviolet. I wanted to like something from this movie but it just...didn't. The script is cringier than romance in a Star Wars prequel, Milla Jovovich's performance was terrible (yet she gets a full star because which straight man can say no to an action girl who's in midriff-baring clothing for nearly the entire movie?), the action sequences, while cool in concept and likely looked much better when they were storyboarded ended up being incoherent, boring and one-sided, not to mention jarringly bloodless, something that is more nitpicky when you notice that the bad guys are in white clothing in a brightly lit room and the visual effects. My goodness, the effects. I can see why Kurt Wimmer stuck permanently to writing after this movie because the effects are some of the worst I have seen in a 21st-century blockbuster in quite a while. Theyre so blatantly unfinished! It doesn't help that the movie's really short which had a clear effect on the movie's pacing. So yeah, for a spiritual successor to Equilibrium, Ultraviolet falls flat on its face.

• May 08, 2019

quitando el obvio y nefasto cgi barato, las escenas de accion cumplen y la historia se mantiene entretenida, es simple pero sabe cumplir lo que promete.

• Apr 02, 2019

Have you ever seen a movie that looked this fake before? Ultraviolet is a monumental disaster. It has some of the worst effects in history, an incomprehensible and boring story, and terrible overacting. All of this creates one of the most unpleasant action movies of all time. In addition to being one of the worst movies made in the 2000s. DON'T watch it! Unless you want to see a digital reminder on what not to do when making an action flick.

• Mar 10, 2019

It is bold and silly, relied on effects that did not exist, but is not self-aware at all.

• Mar 09, 2019

This is a truly underrated movie. I just wish a second movie had been made starring Milla.

• Jan 23, 2019

Ultraviolet is a prime example of how computer effects will never trump good old narrative storytelling no matter how sophisticated they come to be. One problem with this film is it tries to be pretentious and yet does nothing but dazzle us(read: hit hard over the head) with style. The tone of the movie is one of high art, but it stinks like a landfill. It doesn't matter that the acting is wooden, the storyline is incomprehensible, and the action sequences are plodding. All the filmmakers care about is that there's a dash of panache to the proceedings. It's hard to argue that Ultraviolet has a unique look. The live actors appear as computer generated as the backgrounds. Considering the lack of humor and emotion displayed by the performers, one might assume that their only participation was to allow their three-dimensional images to be programmed into a computer and reproduced. MillaJovovich- never a strong actress- is at home here but even she can't salvage much. Ultraviolet is a waste of time.

• May 31, 2018

A blanant rip-off from Resident Evil!!!

A blanant rip-off from Resident Evil!!!

• May 01, 2018

can you give half stars. the only reason anyone should ever Milla Jovovich. thats it.. other wise its terrible. I mean the other actors aren't bad either, but this movie.. why was it even made?

• Apr 21, 2018