Arthur and the Invisibles (Arthur and the Minimoys) Reviews

• Sep 12, 2018

Rather liked it. Maybe a little much for a kid to handle but..

Rather liked it. Maybe a little much for a kid to handle but..

• Aug 20, 2018

Interesting look and idea, but almost nothing about it made sense. Why did a bunch of euro-fairy things need a nonsensical African backstory? Why do the minimoys even exist? What do they do all day? Why wasn't Arthur's mom aware of the stories about them? So many questions. So much nonsense.

• Apr 27, 2018

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE. I don't even know why. it's just awesome.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE. I don't even know why. it's just awesome.

• Oct 25, 2017

David Bowie and Madonna in a children's fantasy action/adventure flick? First of all, why? And second, could this film be any more boring? Seriously! I found myself more interested in Batman & Robin than this predictable pile of trash! Not to mention the low quality animation as well. It also really pains me to see Freddie Highmore in this. I know that he could have found better work. But I guess that all doesn't matter now. Let's just pretend that this never existed and move on, shall we?

• Sep 02, 2017

Outsider arrives to save the day. Heard it a million times, and the other times were all better. Sprinkle in some quickly done animation and some recognizable voices, and you get a waste of 2 hours that barely tries to entertain anyone over the age of 3. 2 stars for being able keep a 5 year old quiet for most of the films duration. Minus .5 for the creepy snoop character.

• Dec 01, 2016

NOTE: The following applies to the original 104-minute version, not this 10 minutes less crappy 94-minute version that people don't like: Arthur and the Minimoys can't help but have a few awkward moments from time to time given the fact that Luc Besson knew nothing about animation before making this movie based off of his own books but the film's talented cast in both live-action and animation, 2006-ish visual dazzle and a fun amount of fantasy action and humour make for a reasonably entertaining family film.

• Oct 10, 2016

Childhood favorite that still holds up today.

Childhood favorite that still holds up today.

• Aug 03, 2016

One of my deepest regrets of the past twenty-four hours is watching the 2007 edit of Arthur of the Invisibles, instead of its original version released a year earlier. At the least, the original could have offended me with racist and dark overtones, in a mildly entertaining manner. Instead, the edit is far too dull and inoffensive to entertain anyone other than the most inexperienced film viewers.

• Jul 09, 2016

I thought the series was quite nice. Arthur landing up with Selenia makes for every schoolboy's fantasy. I wonder why they don't make more of this series..

• Feb 06, 2016

This is a favorite of my kids - and fun for the grownups too.

This is a favorite of my kids - and fun for the grownups too.