Staircase - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Staircase Reviews

May 7, 2013
This is a terribly underrated gem-of-a-movie. I have been looking every where for it and finally was fortunate to watch it, I wasn't disappointed at all. It was heavily panned by the critics (for reasons beyond my comprehension!!!), personally I never care about whatever critics write, I watch and decide for myself. It is a brave film given its age to tackle homosexuality and the acting is brilliant. In fact anything Richard Burton is simply brilliant. I really appreciate this classic, it deserves much more recognition.
June 19, 2011
It has great acting, but there's not one genuine emotion in this movie. It is well written, but the plot doesn't quite unfold into something too glamorous. Rex Harrison and Richard Burton make a great pair, I must say!
April 27, 2010
Haven't seen the film yet...
½ August 9, 2007
Interesting for the actors alone, but it's just so hideously stereotypical... I give credit to Richard Burton for being better (in general) than Rex Harrison. I also enjoyed Cathleen Nesbitt.
½ August 4, 2007
strong acting, but it didnt transition well from a play. For one reason or another I just didn't care for it.