Smile - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smile Reviews

May 31, 2010
Beautifully done and true to life. This movie inspired me to get involved. I truly believe all teenagers should see it, and wish they could each share "Katie"s experience
½ December 31, 2009
This started out as a completely teen movie. Took forever to get to the point of the story, which was the children in Asia who are born disfigured and American Doctors travel there each year to perform corrective surgery. We have the average teen of today who travels with class mates to help with project, she is totally blown away by the children as they check into the hospital. But she has a special interest in one girl born on the same day as her. Turns into a tear jerker, I can only give it 3 stars as it took forever to get beyond our young teen in California.
½ July 11, 2009
A little bit random...but quite sweet
½ July 10, 2009
It was a touching story. Sort of opens your eyes to different health care systems around the world. Like it makes you wonder at how people gauff at frown lines and wrinkles and yet in different nations children have disfigured faces and have to wait years to have surgery. Really opens your eyes!
June 11, 2009
nice story and nice cast :)
½ June 6, 2009
nice family movie that highlights the difference between spoiled yanks & the 3rd world. A lesson here for a girl not to have sex but learn how to do something for the sake of others instead. beautiful film of contrasts.
½ May 31, 2009
Decent enough as far as a tribute to surgeons without borders goes, otherwise, a tad cliche.
½ January 19, 2009
I really really really loved this movie!!!
½ January 16, 2009
Some of the dialogue doesn't flow well and seems forced. There is good cinematography and Mika is beautiful as always. A heartwarming tale.
½ January 1, 2009
Mika is great in this film. It's not easy to watch in some ways, but it is worth watching.
December 7, 2008
it sounds like it could be good.
½ October 17, 2008
I consider this to be one of those gems in my collection. It doesn't have the best characters or writing but it's a great movie. It's one of those heart warming movies that's always nice to watch once in a while.
September 16, 2008
It is indeed an inspiring movie. It showed to me the very core of friendship and love to others.- a must see movie
September 12, 2008
drama.. its a movie with good values in it.
½ August 28, 2008
It didn't feel like i was watching a movie. It was more like watching an ad for a charity organization.
July 18, 2008
Uplifting! Courageous! Awesome!
½ June 22, 2008
Very predictible but it touched me and I love when a movie can tug on my heartstrings. Very overexaggerated and the ending was a bit rushed but I would recommend this to anyone of my friends.
½ June 8, 2008
this movie is so good.
½ June 6, 2008
the beginning felt like just another teen movie, but ti was needed to set up the 2nd half. it was a beautiful movie.