Chaos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Chaos Reviews

½ September 19, 2016
Cruel, intensely brutal, tasteless, barbaric, disgusting & painfully hard to watch. Get your barf bag & prepared to be angered.
½ February 5, 2016
Knife sodomy.

Zero Stars
August 31, 2014
David DeFalco states in the beginning that this film was made to save lives and that it was most brutal film ever made. This has become notorious not only for the violence, but the severe criticism. Roger Ebert gave the film zero stars and would counter DeFalco's answer by stating why he dislike and used great examples citing other reviews from film critics. His best cite was from Ed Gonzales of Slant Magazine who only squashes the film, but gives DeFalco a one-two blow. "DeFalco directs the whole thing with all the finesse of someone who has been hit on the head one too many times (is this a good time to say he was a wrestler?)." When asked if his review would bring a larger audience to Chaos, Ebert that only a few people were bound to see it. Me, I am always curious about films and will see them if they are free. Plus, I cannot trash a film without seeing, so thank you YouTube when it doesn't suck. Now seeing the film Chaos was pretty much a complete waste of time and crap, for several reasons. The two most is one, plagiarism and not the good kind. It is a complete corrupted version of Last House on the Left by Wes Craven. There are several changes to film like the girl's desire to get ecstasy rather than grass and the violence being up as well as the rape, and to top it off you have an interracial couple just so we can hear DeFalco's' view. The biggest change of course will be the ending. Now Chaos, the film's title, is a pathetic bum who is not really at all intimidating despite Kevin Gage's effort. The whole crew is pathetic as well and nothing really exciting. The victims will only cry throughout the film which I guess you call it acting even though it is pretty easy to do. I didn't care much about any of the characters. The second biggest problem with the film is the hokey title of being the most brutal film of all time. Bull crap, I have seen more brutal films that were disturbing and violent. The films are Devil's Rejects and Hostel which were released at the same year as Chaos. Other more obscured films were Murder Set Pieces and Martyrs which can be seen as art or appalling. You even have 70s and 80s exploitation gems that are more brutal than what I saw like I Spit on Your Grave, Bloodsucking Freak, I Drink Your Blood, and who of course cannot forget the Italian cannibal films which featured animal cruelty like Eaten Alive!, Cannibal Holocaust, and Cannibal Ferox. Those films were brutal and violent and tried at least some originality; however, rip-offs aren't always bad just look at Fistful of Dollars. I digress, back to Chaos. Aside from the two main reasons, Chaos loses the point of trying to save lives and goes on about trying to be evil which also fails miserably. DeFalco, you suck as horror director and as wrestler.
½ August 1, 2014
Brutal in its depiction of violence, this movie is no better than the one that inspired it, Last House on the Left. This is stomach turning violence for violence's sake, though the producers claim it is an educational movie about what can happen to your daughters if left unsupervised. The acting is poor, and the production values are too. There is nothing of redeeming quality here, except Maya Barovich isn't terrible to look at.
March 31, 2014
Was a very gory movie but it was okay
December 19, 2012
There was actually some good acting and some very realistically disturbing scenes here. The end was intense. But trying to act like it's an original piece of work...please.
September 25, 2012
What an awful mess.........
July 21, 2012
Horrible, horrible film. Avoid at all costs.
½ May 28, 2012
This really, really is the most pathetic piece of film I've ever seen shot. Don't see this movie, there are plenty of other terrible movies in the world you can waste your life watching. You are only on the earth for a finite amount of time, and if you see this film, there is a fair chance you'll be lying on your deathbed saying 'if only I had used the hour and a bit watching Chaos for something more worthwhile... like smashing my head into the wall, and then somehow finding a way to inspire my subconscious into penis envy, then maybe I could have spent the rest of my days understanding why brain dead little boys made and watched movies like these'
½ May 24, 2012
This was one of the most nastiest, horrorifing movies I've ever seen! NEVER AGAIN!! GROSE!!
½ May 12, 2012
Same reasons as The Killer Inside Me. Just plain awful.
March 15, 2012
The most brutal and f*cked up film ever to be released. David DeFalco is a sick and retarded mother f*cker. Do NOT watch this sh*t of a movie.
September 29, 2011
wow .... who wants to see this awful looking rip off ????
September 29, 2011
It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left, It's The Last House on The Left...
December 6, 2010
Damn, this was one awefull movie.
½ October 11, 2010
This movie claims to be based upon real events. If the existence of "last house on the left" counts as a real event, then yes- it is the most historically accurate movie ever made. I've found out that this was an intended remake until the director felt it was original enough to be a movie in its own right. The key differences are 1) The character names, 2) the decade it was made, 3) one of the girls is black, 4) the ending is changed. The rest is identical.

Some film makers have taken it upon themselves to reject genuine skill, originality and style for the sake of needless nihilistic violence. This isn't dangerous, it's just boring. I can think of a million horrific nihilistic scenarios: melting a baby in an oven. There you go. Disgusting. Would it make a good film? Probably not.

Grow the fuck up.
½ October 4, 2010
And I though The Last House on the Left was bad!!!!!
Well, this was horrible!!!!!!
The only thing that makes me give it 1 star is the acting of the blond girl. Her screams feel realistic.
Anything else in the movie is just awful.
August 13, 2010
David De Falco's horror film "Chaos" pretends to be a true story that has only been made to be a cautionary tale for the viewing general public especially girls and parents but turns out to be just another over the top horror movie with some disturbing scenes. I woudnt say i enjoyed it but i thought it was a good movie. Its like a poor relation of The Last House On The Left.
August 11, 2010
Chaos is a difficult film to rate properly. Yes, it is a rip-off of Last House on the Left, which is, of course, itself a reimagining of Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring. And there are numerous ripoffs of Last House that have suffered the harsh backlash that Chaos has prompted. For example, Aldo Lado's Night Train Murders is a film almost on a par with Craven's originality. Chaos deviates from Craven's (or Bergman's) plot archetype only in the final moments of the film. I must give Chaos some credit because it does manage to be genuinely disturbing, and despite its reveling in the violence instead of condemning it, the film still offers a message. Indeed, the message is already presaged in the title: Chaos reigns--order does not prevail over the forces of chaos (or evil as they might also be termed). Chaos features at least one (if not two) scene that will shock even the most ardent fans of horror and exploitation fare. Indeed, there is nothing ethically redeemable about the film, for it is about the absolute failure of ethics. The ethical condemnation of other disturbing rape-revenge films like Last House, Thriller, I Spit on Your Grave, Irreversible, etc. remains entirely absent from Chaos. But to judge it ethically is, in part, to miss the point. Yes, as Ebert makes clear in his reviews of the film, it is an ugly, disgusting, and disquieting film that will leave you not just feeling disturbed like a horror film but also saddened at the failure of human compassion and goodness. But this is precisely its point: humankind is fundamentally wicked and damned. Perhaps the element that detracts most strongly from the film is its statement at the film's opening that it is a cautionary tale. To read the film in such a way makes it absurd. As Ebert points out, if we believe such a message, are we to longer trust anyone because they may be rapists and murderers? And the film's ultimate message is anything but profound, and it is a message echoed throughout various literature and film throughout human history. But still Chaos is a visceral evocation of this theme that challenges any attempt to put faith in human goodness. Indeed, the fact that Chaos was created and that we watch it already knocks humanity down several levels on the goodness scale.
June 19, 2010
Many horror movies I've watched incl some screaming teenage girl which are extremely annoying, but not this movie. This movie does shows what some young kids will do to have some fun and get themselves into trouble. Yes the movie was low budget, but the acting isn't so bad!