The Baxter Reviews

• Dec 02, 2020

Really good movie! I haven't seent it in years but it's got that good indie hipster vibe of the 00's that just makes you feel good and nostalgic.

• Sep 10, 2020

Somebody at Rotten Tomatoes must have hit their head. This movie is so endearing with subtle and slapstick belly laughs. It's told from a unique perspective of an often forgotten character in most Romantic Comedies. The acting is extremely well done and the cast is Perfection. Michelle Williams in one of her most adorable performances. This movie needs to be a Rom-com Classic.

• Apr 22, 2015

Not for everyone perhaps, but brilliant, subtle , and hilarious.

Not for everyone perhaps, but brilliant, subtle , and hilarious.

• May 09, 2013

Short on laughs from a good cast; I expected a lot more. Thin story, as well. Williams is excellent. Showalter didn't do a thing for me, and neither did his script.

• Mar 08, 2013

I love this movie. Maybe you have to be a Baxter to enjoy it.

I love this movie. Maybe you have to be a Baxter to enjoy it.

• Mar 06, 2013

A very quirky film, full of cliches about losing the girl to the other more exciting guy. I thought it was quite good.

• Dec 23, 2012

Had its moments and a very interesting concept but wasn't all there.

Had its moments and a very interesting concept but wasn't all there.

• Oct 29, 2012

Very clever romantic comedy...indie style. I finally get Michelle Williams's appeal. It's a straight forward story with a fun storytelling that keeps it fresh. Peter Dinklage is a treat too.

• Sep 28, 2012

Bad acting by the main character... But i LOVE PAUL RUDD IN IT :) and i kinda like the story

• Jun 05, 2012

An underappreciated gem. I really wish this had been given more recognition. I just loved it. I suppose it is because the Cecil Mills character reminded me a bit of myself.