Dirty Deeds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Deeds Reviews

February 2, 2012
I dunno... it kind of had some fun appeal to it. Yeah, it's a typical teen/sex/comedy but it's anchored by a likable lead (Milo Ventimiglia), the actual "Dirty Deeds" (who doesn't love a good dare) and a few great moments. Yes, it has its disgusting jokes... like the bread that comes with mayo, but this movie was still enjoyable to watch. Sometimes you just want to enjoy the high school teen mix where we cheer for the good guys to best the dumb jocks! Check.
January 21, 2012
I havent seen the PG13 versoin so I dont know how that is, but I assume that it has no nudity in it, which the unrated one does, now dont get confused if you see a movie called Dirtier Deeds, thats not the sequel which I thought, its the unrated version, so dont be a dumb dumb and get Dirtier Deeds if you already seen it.
December 30, 2011
At the core of "Dirty Deeds" is a likable, good-hearted teen comedy with some young, appealing actors and decent writing. But, in the day of "unrated" being splashed across every other DVD, stuff like "good-hearted" just doesn't get the job done anymore so the screenwriters spiced this up with a lot of unnecessarily gross-out moments. There was just no reason for any of that here.
This could have been more of an innocent romp like "Trojan War", but I guess that's not the kind of film that this was meant to be. It just feels tired and familiar. The film's most disturbing, "funniest" raunchy moment is a shameless and embarrassing homage to the original "American Pie". It's just not something that we needed to see again so soon. Or ever.
Milo Ventimiglia is a very appealing young actor and has the potential to break out into bigger and better things, and co-star Lacey Chabert has been a favorite of mine for years. Not only is she completely hot but she also has a lot of understated, underplayed charisma. Yes, she's a pretty face but she also can be a lot more in the right role. Both her and Ventimiglia deserve a better picture than this wannabe that consistently disappoints. In this case, less definitely would have been more.
The premise has potential, and director David Kendall could have taken his film in a lot of different directions. Unfortunately, the climate of today's teen films dictate that gross-out humor sells. "Dirty Deeds" is the price we all have to pay for popular culture, and like all things, you take the good with the bad.
November 21, 2011
just my kind of a Friday night
½ October 27, 2011
Well this one was pretty decent. Basically took place at the High school with 10 dirty deeds to do. Typical kind of movie but if you have time you might like this one....
½ October 4, 2011
Pointless gross stupid just a random weird movie
September 10, 2011
man i love dis movie...i neeeeed 2 watch it again!!!
blkbomb
August 17, 2011
Zach Harper: I.A.B... It's All Bullshit !

"10 Dares. 12 Hours. One Wild Night."

This review is for the Unrated version. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the PG-13 version and probably never will.

Well, I guess Dirty Deeds was a little better than I expected; but it still sucked. Nothing about it is really that funny and most of it is just carried over comedy from different teenager/high school comedies. The movie couldn't even make it 15 minutes without using it's first fart joke(but, boy was it funny... not).

The characters are cutouts of every stereotypical high schooler. You got your jocks, emos, nerds, gangsters, wannabe gangsters and of course the kid who fits into no one special group. He is our hero, Zach Harper. Zach is trying to complete the ten dirty deeds, which are so creative. I mean the writer must of really thought hard and long about these "deeds." How could he come up with a deed as clever as "Drink a beer in front of a cop." Pure genius at work.

Somehow the predictable plot and stereotypical characters was still slightly entertaining though. I was never bored while watching the movie. But that's more because it was funny seeing just how stupid this movie could get and not because it was a quality film. When put into the genre of Late Night Comedy, which this is, it's definitely not the worst thing that could have been made. There's been a lot of movies, similar to this one, that are a lot worse. That's the sole reason why I'm giving the rating I am(2 stars)and not the one I should(1 star).
½ July 22, 2011
This movie wasn't horrible... Woulda been 1.5 stars, but it had boobies, and atleast one nice pair of boobies. But I gotta give credit to Mah Mooby who figured out the plot within the first few minutes of the movie.
June 23, 2011
What kind of mobster gives away a 100k car? Really enjoyable.
½ May 9, 2011
not bad, had its funny moments. very unlikely stuff and -0.5 star for that slut "meg cummings" not doing what she should have done
March 30, 2011
wtf, the guy just gives him his car? This movie kinda really sucks..
½ February 25, 2011
wasnt that bad. typical high school comedy. kept me interested most of the time. just average at best though
½ January 30, 2011
Just for Milo Ventimiglia.
½ January 13, 2011
amazing movie it was so much fun watching it and so funny
January 9, 2011
a little stupid, but somehow some parts were fun. reminded we of American Graffitti for some reason.
½ January 5, 2011
he's they guy we all wanted to be . Nice fun.
really freaky characters
½ January 4, 2011
highschooler movie..full of action and little bit fun!