Room Reviews

• Ed K Super Reviewer
    Sep 15, 2013

Great suspense throughout punctuated by a somewhat inconclusive and unsatisfying ending.

• Jan 24, 2013

Why did I watch this? I was half watching while surfing the net and suddenly the movie ended. I had to rewind and still found it ended without really 'ending'.Winner of Sundance and Cannes awards? Why?

• Nov 27, 2012

An curious indie art house entry from director Kyle Henry. Featuring a compelling performance from Cyndi Williams as a very stressed working mom from suburban Austin Texas who takes a radical step in her life to obsessively follow through on hallucinatory blackouts she has been experiencing with increased frequency, this oddly intriguing film, despite its many limitations, including some pacing difficulties, for the most part keeps one's attention throughout its hour and a quarter length. Worth a boo, but not likely to warrant repeat viewing, except perhaps for cinematography students intent on making films if their own.

• May 08, 2012

What a waste of time!... I don't know what I was thinking!

What a waste of time!... I don't know what I was thinking!

• Nov 11, 2011

Worst movie I've seen all year. I was very disappointed by this movie and all I could think of was that I wanted the time and money back that I wasted. I can't believe that the Austin Film Society granted Kyle Henry the money to make this "film" that never seemed to go anywhere. Kyle Henry and Cyndi Williams were in attendance and they didn't even seem to know what the movie was about during the q & a session. Kyle stated that Americans are often spoonfed the answers in a film that are merely crap. Well I would have like to have been spoonfed some of that crap because at least those movies have a direction, a definitive ending, and leave the audience with something to think about other than that's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

• Nov 09, 2009

The thing with experiments is ... sometimes they fail. All that suspense and mystery leads to nowhere worth the trip. At least the acting is high grade.

• Jun 21, 2009

Experimental film where suspense leads to nothing. Had me right up to the ending (if that was the ending lol.)

• Sep 08, 2008

pretty decent for an indie movie,but i oughtta think more about the ending.

pretty decent for an indie movie,but i oughtta think more about the ending.

• Aug 25, 2008

I'm glad I ignored all the scathing Netflix user reviews and rented this one. It's a movie that is initially frustrating and asks a lot of the viewer. After being sucked into the main character's sense of confusion and desperation (thanks largely to an excellent performance by the lead), I grumbled at the ending but then couldn't stop puzzling over the film's many "signs" and clues, trying to put it all together. I can think of two possible interpretations, but have no idea if there even is a definitive "correct" answer. The more I think about it though, the more I appreciate what this film has to say about The War on Terra (tm) and the havoc it has wreaked on the American psyche.

• Jul 07, 2008

I loved it, hubby didn't.

I loved it, hubby didn't.