When Do We Eat? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Do We Eat? Reviews

March 19, 2014
makes me hungry just thinkin about it
½ May 21, 2013
Good. Not too much to see. The film has ofcourse lots of Jewish terms. It has lots of very funny moments. Overall unless you like watching movies about passover, don't bother.
½ March 30, 2013
Very funny. We Jews are very good at making fun of ourselves. Extremely dysfunctional family makes this a classic for Passover.
½ March 26, 2013
Oy. A few laughs here early on, but you pay for it in the schmaltz at the end.
April 18, 2012
I watched this during pesach and really enjoyed it. This movie with alot of realistic and "over the top" antics mix very well. I could identify with many of the situations and characters since I know a lot of friends and family encounter similar situations. Overall its a pretty funny movie. if you are jewish could you imagine rolling at your seder?
½ November 5, 2011
This has some good funny scenes, but most of the time it's just not catching the moment and making me believe in it.
½ August 16, 2011
this passover sedar from hell movie reminds me of all the christmas from hell movies like "home 4 the holidays" the family stone and many many more. really delivers on funny yet still manages to get the mixture of funny and pathos just right.
½ April 21, 2011
The "family gathers for a holiday and simmering tensions/ drama rise to the surface" genre goes Passover. Except here, the tensions and drama are not so much "simmering" as they are "firebombing everything in sight." These people are all nuts! Not to mention brutally mean to each other. This film is not at all shy about getting crazy. I was dying with laughter at some scenes and squirming at others -- this one ain't for the easily offended. Credit is due for pushing the boundaries of a well-worn genre, though.
½ October 31, 2010
ha vinto diversi festival negli States, ma si ├Ę classificato ultimo dopo Rosso Mogano nel festival di Fano.
July 13, 2010
A little overdramatic but there are an interesting mix of stories and it's kinda funny and sweet.
½ March 16, 2010
Pretty funny, silly.
October 23, 2009
This was hysterical. I loved it!! Funny, smart, original and choatic.
October 20, 2009
eh, funny at times but not really good enough on any point to make a lasting impression
September 9, 2009
loved this film! absolutely hilarious! was kinda fun to see Quincy in another role lol (aka Jack Klugman!) and good ol' Gordy from Lizzie McGuire (aka Adam Lamberg!).
It's about a dysfunctional family trying to have a non-dysfunctional Seder meal (Passover) with little success!
I really enjoyed myself - it makes you both laugh and cry! beautiful story about a family tryin to overcome some issues!
definitely watch it - and it needs to be in your dvd collections too ;)
March 15, 2009
Art Direction is amazing and the dialogue comes straight out of my father-in-law's Tel Aviv apartment. My Israeli experience in a nutshell with much brighter colors!
February 8, 2009
The usual family problems comes to a head in this Jewish Seder (Passover). A lesbian daughter from the 1st wife, a sanctimonious religious son, a nymphomaniacal daughter, a drugged out son, a
½ January 16, 2009
It's possible to achieve hilarity and pathos, but it's not easy, and Litvak isn't quite skilled enough to make the sex jokes rest easily beside the final grandiose and pat confessions. As a result, When Do We Eat? merely whets your appetite for a fresh take on family matters.
August 25, 2008
ailelerin bir araya gelisi..amerikan, italyan, yunanli, t├╝rk.. hep hatri sayilir bir mevzudur.. bu defa karakterlerimiz yahudi ve tabii ki cok renkliler.. abs├╝rdite ve masalsilik, hikayeyi hafifsemiyor; bence cok basarili!
August 4, 2008
It's got Michael Lerner; it's got a seder...should be great. It's unwatchable. As much as the notion of slipping ecstacy into the afikomen is sorta intriguing, the filmmaker botched things so badly that he should be made to wander in the desert for forty years, thusly sparing us having to watch anything more he makes. My guess is that Salvador Litvak is the Jewish name for Alan Smithee.
August 1, 2008
A laugh-your-ass-off film with excellent cast and script: 'Aw hell, I'm not autistic!'