Nana - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nana Reviews

September 22, 2017
It's so bad compared to the tv series and the original manga!!
January 15, 2017
Nana is an enjoyable film with a character-driven plot that elevates it above the fluffy material.
August 22, 2016
This movie makes me so emoional just thinking about the manga. this was the better hatchiko, the second movies hachi kinda sucked but non the less its nana and it is just so good and so emotionally scaring. the manga would make a grown man cry in a heart beat fro what i have heard an saw my male friends say. iv reread the manga many times and i say this movies follows it well but also leaves the intro chapters to both individual nanas out but non the less its amazing.
November 20, 2015
Very very good casting for a live action film.
December 29, 2013
cool movie adaptation of a manga.
Mika Nakashima is badass in this.
½ November 23, 2012
Not great but heaps of fun (plus plenty of rewatch value) and felt largely genuine despite my lack of prior reading of the manga.
November 14, 2012
Im not going to lie...never saw the anime or whatever..but it carries well as a movie on its own! ^^
½ October 11, 2012
Matsuyama Kenichi as Shin is his worst roll ever.
½ July 31, 2012
Tweeners, prepare to swoon.
April 17, 2012
Cool movie. Music and Drama in one.
March 14, 2012
Even though it's a little whinney and melodramatic, you can't help getting sucked it! But be warned, it's so sweet you might get a cavity!!!
March 10, 2012
Refreshing movie - nice drama. It's more about relationships than music. Would have liked to hear more Matsuyama on bass guitar, but all in all interesting story with good characters. Will watch the next one.
November 30, 2011
hi are u nana ????? in have something to ask you ?
deano
November 8, 2011
Marvelous drama adapted by the Manga comic book in a chance encounter between two girls of the same name, "Nana", triggers a series of events and relationships. I haven't read the comic book yet so I see the story is as interesting and the emotional scenes are pretty touching. Mika Nakashima was great at expressing her voice as the singer and Aoi Miyazaki was the perfect Hachi, looked so cute and innocent young woman.
At the end, it's the friendship and comradeship between the two girls that gives this Japanese movie an uplifting, feel-good ending.
November 3, 2011
½ October 6, 2011
I watched this movie entirely due to Yuna Ito (a half-Japanese / half-Korean singer who played a popular singer in the movie), but ended up completely taken into Mika Nakashima. I remember seeing her Single album (Yuki-no Hana) photos wrapped all around Narita airport in October 2011 when I visited Tokyo. I listened to her song many times that winter, as she has a magical voice and mysterious aura that pulls you even closer to her music. Anyway, the movie itself was a bit of a girly flick that most men may not find it interesting to see, but all in all a pleasant surprise if you hadn't seen the original manga/cartoons.
½ September 29, 2011
Really like the story :) simple and sweet! The punk Nana was like so... KAKKOII-DESU!!! :D
August 17, 2011
I really adored this. The story is great and I liked the pacing.
½ August 12, 2011
Two very different 20 year old women meet on a train to Tokyo. Other than the fact they're both named Nana, they have very different pasts and personalities. Despite this, they're destined to become very big parts of each other's lives.

Based on the very popular anime and manga of the same name, this is a fun adaption. The musical aspects of the story are kept, and are as nearly as important to the story as the relationship between the two Nana's. Speaking of, the actresses chosen to play the two title characters are great, and the story is as interesting for guys as it is the girls who are the original audience.

NANA was a good movie, I liked it. Obviously it's more recommended for people who are already familiar with the source material, but even NANA newbies should enjoy this.
May 16, 2011
I actually thought it was better then the mange