Dirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Reviews

½ February 11, 2016
First time in ages I nixed a movie before the end of a first act. It baffles me that a great actor like Cuba Gooding accepted this script. Forget how slow, or how convoluted and imbecilic the plot, or how unoriginal in dialogue, or how preposterously out of touch with reality the story line... this film spills toxic swill from every chump orifice. In the first 25 minutes it tries to sneak its failed amalgamation of superficial gang/cop tropes, gang/cop cliche', and gang/cop antagonism right past your capacity for rational thought, but like all bad movies it's not long before you start thinking more about wasting away a portion of your life than seeing how this bowel movement reaches the toilet to be flushed.
October 10, 2015
No more heavy handed over the top than "Training Day". We need police reform now!
February 23, 2015
A worthless Training Day wannabe.
½ November 9, 2013
Cuba Gooding Jr's best impression of Denzel Washington in Training Day falls flat. Don't waste your time. just watch Training Day.
September 15, 2013
training day clone never delivers
December 7, 2012
Dirty, dirty mind :P
½ November 13, 2012
FINALLY! A good (non-cheesy) post Oscar/Jerry Maguire role from Cuba. Clifton Collins also shines in this gritty cop drama.
September 10, 2012
He is soo fine & soo bad in this movie!mmm! This movie is off the dam chain. It will have u on edge.
½ September 4, 2012
A shitty movie that glorifies being a dirty cop. There was no story to make us care about the characters. Way too much swearing.
August 24, 2012
Feels like a Training Day rip-off.
July 17, 2012
June 29, 2012
If you like training day for sure u Gona like this
May 19, 2012
good flick starts out a little weak, but a good story about dirty cops.
½ August 20, 2011
The pieces are there, but the execution is glaringly lacking. The editing is erratic and often nonsensical, having the feel of a PCP ride. The plot has many aspects, all with great potential, but it's so fragmented that it's difficult and frustrating to try and follow. That, in the end is its' greatest fault, failing to deliver on story, focusing too much on style.
May 8, 2011
Chris Fisher has directed an absorbing, sometimes surreal account of two Los Angeles policemen and their corrupt superiors, (Keith David and Cole Hauser), who have a rough time on the streets. This cynical police corruption epic is pretty tough stuff with Cuba Gooding, Jr., showing an entirely different side of himself as a low-life cop. Clifton Collins,Jr., as a former gangbanger turned patrolman must decide whether to talk to Internal Affairs or keep his mouth shut as his superiors prepare to sacrifice his partner and him to greedy druglords. There is an interesting subplot about a young girl that Gooding molests who sets out to kill him after she acquires a gun. Imagine PULP FICTION crossed with THE NEW CENTURIONS, and you will have a good idea of what to expect from this gritty urban tragedy.
April 29, 2011
reminiscent of Training day, but I found this one a bit more effective and intense.
½ January 3, 2011
I still have no idea what really happened in this movie.
September 27, 2010
Seen better, seen worse. Cuba is no Denzel and this is no Training Day but it's watchable stuff.
April 26, 2010
Ummm I kinda went into this thinking it was another 'Training Day'. But that it was not! I liked it more because it was more realistic and I actually enjoyed this cast much more. But I think the finished product wasn't that great. Seemed to get a bit slow to me at times and I might have had a mini nap during. But if you like the corrupt street cop abusing everything on his beat than this is for you. Clifton Collins Jr. did his thing too!