Dirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dirty Reviews

½ April 25, 2010
This movie is pretty mixed up. And the fine acting of Cuba Gooding Jr. is a detriment to him in all roles like this. After you see him convincingly play mentally challenged people or his goofiness in Snow Dogs or Rat Race, I can?t shake it for him to play a hardened gangster type. It has nothing really to do with the performance, which is good. It?s just that he doesn?t have those roles ? or maybe in good movies. Don Cheadle does that well. He can play mentally challenged people like the Boogie Nights guy or off-kilter British Basher then still convincingly play Snoopy Miller or Mouse.

Still, enough about Cuba. This movie tries some horror elements, cop drama, thriller chase type things, puzzles, bad lighting and staging, too much. It?s not a great story, but tries to pack so much in that it really doesn?t do itself any favors.

Forgot, Cuba was good as the flashy gangster in American Gangster. So there?s one.
½ March 21, 2010
A very intense dirty cop movie. One of Cuba's versions of TRAINING DAY, only not only he but Clifton gives a dramatic performance.
March 12, 2010
Check out the song "gangsta pimpin" on the soundtrack too!
February 7, 2010
Vraiment pas mal, mais vu et revu. La fin est magnifique et sauve le film d'un oubli rapide. CUBA GOODING et surtout CLIFTON COLLINS sont geniaux, DJ QUIK a la fin, c'est que du bon et KHLEO THOMAS pour une petite apparition, que demander de plus?
January 1, 2010
One more film in the line of police corruption films. While the theme obviously has a lot more to explore (and i mean a LOT more) this film isnt't one anybody needs.
The fine talents of the two protagonists are basically wasted in a murky, blurry, shallow plot.
Worse off, one can't help to think that this does indeed try to be "Training Day" (with extremely little success) and it even has a "Deer Hunter" moment towards the end. By then of course you're simply happy it's ending. Avoid.
½ December 18, 2009
Excelente actuaciĆ³n de Cuba, mas oscura que dia de entrenamiento, mucho mejor.

Quien la tenga o sepa donde la puedo conseguir GRACIAS.
½ October 22, 2009
What a waste of film
½ October 14, 2009
Kinda like Training Day...except that Training Day was good and this was pretty much a piece of stinky poo poo. Every other word was f*ck...great screenwriting!
½ September 28, 2009
I Started out liking it, and end up hating it, and then ended up enjoying it some more, until the heartbreaking ending.
½ July 27, 2009
A vivid movie about corruption and gang violence.
July 13, 2009
Slightly confusing.... a whole lot of double cross.
July 12, 2009
Rather confusing but overall....not bad!
½ July 4, 2009
Cool movie about some cops that like to make extra cash. Cuba Gooding jr. really delivers yet another outstanding performance.
½ June 22, 2009
One of those movies that ties to have a deep meaning but seems to just fail completely. I bought this cause I wanted a good action flick and I thought this one might be close to Training Day, which I loved. But I was sadly mistaken :'(. If you are bored its worth a watch though. PS> Sound Guy Sucked! And 2 stars is being Generous.
½ June 18, 2009
I love dirty cop movies so, yeah I like this one also there are actors in this that i really like ; Cole Hauser and Wood Harris
May 1, 2009
Training day ripoff,but still pretty good.
April 30, 2009
A not bad at all cop thriller. Decent story about dirty cops within the LAPD and how one cop wants out. Top performances from the leading men Clifton Collins Jnr and Cuba Gooding, Cuba stealing the show as the bad guy. You could do a lot worse than this and its well worth a look.
½ April 19, 2009
It was a good movie about corruption with LAPD and how cops cover up for each other. Cuba was very convincing, he plays a bad guy very well.
April 5, 2009
Man! I love dirty cop movies but this one was a little poor especially when compared to the best of its kind; "training day" despite the great Cuba Gooding Jr.
March 15, 2009
Not sure how this showed up in my list as I've never seen nor heard of this flick!