Dreamland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dreamland Reviews

February 7, 2014
just a little too turgid for me
February 6, 2013
An interesting enough film with some touching performances. The landscape and cinematography are exquisite. The main problem here is a lack of climax in the plot, it seems to just meander through some pretty major happenings. Easy watching.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
½ July 23, 2012
It's a really good movie. Kind of sad but worth watching!
June 28, 2012
Really awesome cinematography and some great performances, especially Agnes Bruckner, but at the end I was left with a "so what" kind of feeling.
½ June 20, 2012
Down-to-earth coming of age drama in which the film's title is both literal and symbolic. Bruckner impresses as always and Garner gives an excellent and believable performance as the typical blonde, beauty queen stereotype struggling with a serious disease. The pace is slow but this is a positive rather than a negative, giving the characters time to develop at a realistic rate. Excellent.
May 31, 2012
I liked that the story line was about life and choosing where your going for your future but not wanting to leave all your past behind you while pursuing your future.
½ May 3, 2012
it was a good movie but i didn't really care for the ending.
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting.
April 9, 2012
A strange love story.
July 14, 2011
Got a little tired of watching a movie that never leaves the vicinity of 10 miles.
½ May 8, 2011
This is the kind of languidly paced little indie flick that I have a soft spot in my heart for. And Kelli Garner is the kind of actress that I have a soft spot in my erogenous zones for. Damn, she's gorgeous! When she's onscreen, I'm guessing it will be very difficult for most guys to tear their eyes away from her ASSETS! I know it was for me. But that's just one (well, two) of the pleasures to be found here. Agnes Bruckner gives a strong performance as a young woman struggling to decide what to do with her life, while at the same time taking care of her widowed alcoholic father and her dying best friend (Garner). Gina Gershon has fun with her small supporting role and John Corbett has some very nice moments as the father, who is trying (but failing) to come to grips with the loss of his wife. Justin Long plays the third vertex of the love triangle with Bruckner and Garner, but I found him to be pretty ho-hum and not really worth the girls getting so worked up about. Maybe the female viewers will feel differently, however. Add to all that the cinematography by Jonathan Sela, which is at times truly spectacular, and you have a film that's easy on the eyes in more ways than one.
April 23, 2011
An unusual romantic film with some outstanding scenery (not just the hot actress who plays the main character either)
March 10, 2011
I love independent films.. always the best!
½ January 30, 2011
I thought this was a well done indie film. Coming of age - everyone is likeable at tmes but has problems too I may even watch again sometime.
January 9, 2011
I always either love or hate independent films. This one, I loved. There are things about it that are too far-fetched and unrealistic, but the acting is so good and the plot so engaging that that doesn't really matter all that much. The performances here are fantastic.
½ December 29, 2010
Others may not enjoy this movie as much as I did because I felt a real connection to the character with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) because I also have MS. The dreams to escape the reality of the situation she lives in is TOO familiar!! Dreamland could just as easily be where I am (and it is)! Making the best of a bad situation and finding hope and learning to live with situations are all common elements of my life I saw on screen in this film. A personal connection is why I love this movie so much!
September 10, 2010
Excellent acting especially by Corbett, who managed to present the only character who was actually believable enough to feel sympathetic towards. Other than that, the cinematography was excellent. Great shots of the American southwestern desert.
½ August 9, 2010
This was a great indie film!