Six Figures - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Six Figures Reviews

October 9, 2012
Not a bad contribution to Canadian cinema by a Calgary filmmaker. It goes to prove that even with a limited budget, you can produce something with true suspense.
February 4, 2008
it was decent for a low budget canadian film. left more questions than answers at the end.
December 5, 2007
Although set at a very slow pace this movie does take an interesting look at domestic life during times of crisis. The most resounding of which is the strength of our belief in one another. Christensen's movie can be seen as a contridiction to the age old saying "blood is thicker than water".
The last sceen of this movie casts serious doubt in the viewer and is (for more than one reason) probably this best of the film.
½ December 2, 2007
Six Figures is a low-budget movie set in Calgary. A couple in their mid-thirties with two small children want nothing more than to be a happy family with their own house. However, the husband played by JR Bourne, has just had his probation at work extended and is advised by his boss not to buy a house (hint, hint). His wife, played by Caroline Cave, is at work one Saturday (she works in a museum and is getting artifacts ready for shipping) has a fight with her husband over him looking after the kids so she can work. While alone, someone comes up behind her and strikes her with a hammer which leaves her seriously injured. Did her husband do it? It's really left up to the viewer to decide. I thought although this movie is very slow at times (especially at the beginning, as I almost turned it off) the acting was wonderful.
November 12, 2007
good stuff = great character studies; story; assumes the viewers are intelligent; title
bad stuff = low budget means no advertising
notes: kept me thinking because the answers weren't written in neon letters - worth watching just for that.
½ November 4, 2007
This probably isn't the most memorable film, but good acting on the part of much of the cast, as well as the subtle nature of the plot make it worth watching. In many ways, "Six Figures" is a 'typical' English-Canadian film, in terms of the restrained and low-key nature of the drama that unfolds. There is nothing over the top here, no melodramatics, few suspense filled moments and no tear-jerking scenes. All you get is the story of a young middle-class family from Saskatchewan that relocates to booming Alberta, but gets caught up in some trying events.
September 19, 2007
Okay, I know it's Canadian so I should be supporting it. Actually it wasn't bad for a low budget feature. Fairly good performances for the most part and a keep-you-guessing tone make up the bulk of the entertainment. However, some weak and superfluous scenes with the supporting characters threaten to sink the latter half of the second act. As a former Calgarian, though, I can definitely vouch for the financial troubles associated with living there.
August 22, 2007
Soooo slooow! Everything about this was dull and depressing. Is that what it means to be Canadian?
August 19, 2007
Holy crap this movie is about as interesting as watching grass grow...
July 14, 2006
Chilling. Shot almost entirely in wide shot, this film is intense to watch. Brilliant acting, particularly be lead JR Bourne.