Gamers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gamers Reviews

May 30, 2012
Funny, hilarious, and down right wrong at times. Great fun.
February 27, 2011
This is a mockumentary about gamers preparing for breaking a record with their amazing streak of playing a thinly-veiled Dungeons and Dragons weekly for 23 years. Some parts are genuinely funny, but I was disappointed to see less gaming-related humor and more juvenile, gross-out humor. The interview portions were generally okay, but trying to force petty drama between the characters was lame. What the film really needed was more footage of actual gameplay, especially since they state having all 23 years worth of games recorded. Films about table-top RPGs may not have a large potential audience, but the potential of this film subject is much greater than this example.
January 1, 2011
A poor parody of the Dungeons & Dragons game and it's players. It goes too far into absurdity without actually being funny.
½ December 29, 2010
wowee zowee...i sure am glad i avoided the whole rpg scene. yikes! ;)
November 19, 2010
A decent mockumentary about 4 guys trying to nreak the all time tabletop gaming record. Has some funny lines, as well as some funny cameos but isn't the best flick. If your into table top games, then I recomend it.
October 25, 2010
Ridiculous movie about some nerds and a "DND" streak. Characters are pretty funny at times, and there are some witty lines, but it's nothing amazing.
½ August 16, 2010
Really funny i mean its stupid but stupid funny
you have to be a geek to understand it
July 30, 2010
Funny movie about long-term gamers, and since I'm a long-term gamer, I enjoy the schtick. Fun, and nice cameos by William Katt and Kelly LeBrock.
May 14, 2010
Wasn't quite expecting the documentary style, similar to 18 Fingers of Death, but it worked. The characters and vignettes are crazy and you can't help but laugh. Some of the gags don't work and last too long, but that's to be expected with most movies. If you like stupid funny movies, check it out!
November 30, 2009
it's pretty stupid but that does not mean it isn't hilarious.
November 29, 2009
Definitely not as good as I was hoping but it still had its moments
½ September 17, 2009
It's all done in fun, of course, but hey -- if you're going to tease a bunch of geeks, you may as well do it aggressively and with much enthusiasm.
½ September 3, 2009
dull. primarily making fun of stereotypes of obnoxious and unlikable people who might perhaps be associated with the role-playing world -- which are completely untrue as well as infuriatingly stupid. this comes instead of making fun of the actual content of role-playing, which is rife with mockable material. while it had its moments, this was really badly done and occasionally merely disgusting without bein funny.
August 31, 2009
Overall this mockumentary is pretty lame, but I will give it some credit because some parts are friggin' hilarious (in a dumb kinda way)
June 20, 2009
I am a gamer geek and I just have to say that this movie was crap! The story line was lame, the characters were annoying, and the humor was just moronic (who the hell is going to make a wizards robe that looks like a damn kkk outfit? And why is it only a black dwarf that gets upset by it?).
½ May 5, 2009
I watched this as something I just found on the shelf at Hastings. Funny, but really sad, like most geeks/gamers, including myself.
½ March 2, 2009
I must admit I am a fan of mocumentaries to begin with. Throw in a bunch of nerds playing RPGs and you have me hooked. This movie was quite a surprise for me. I expected it to be low budget and didn't have high hopes but boy did it come through. I laughed hardily several times and had to pause a few times. To me this challenges Spinal tap as the best mocumentary of all time. I know that sounds sacrilegious but it is true. I will say that if you are not a current or reformed nerd then many of the jokes will be lost on you.

I'll just leave you with this teaser. A 40 year old man trying to dress like Gandolf the White Wizard (from Lord of the Rings) gets attacked by a black dwarf because he thinks the guy is in the KKK. :)
January 26, 2009
When I saw the critics comments like "As funny as Superbad and Knocked Up" I said No Way! But really, this movie is right up there with those 2 great comedies. You don't have to be a gamer to like this movie, any one who loves a good laugh will find this humorous. The 4 main characters are huge losers and are super nerdy and that fact makes the whole movie funny from start to finish!
½ January 19, 2009
I admit this film was kinda funny to start with, but that didn't really last long. Sure it's got some comical moments, but for the most part it's just mocking some strawman stereotypes, and it's hard to believe anyone involved in the production actually knows what gamers are actually like...
December 23, 2008
This is the type of movie that you will enjoy if you are like it. In other words, if you are a nerd, you will love it. Otherwise, you will hate it. I could not stop laughing at the characters. The cast was very good at their characters and it was very fun to watch. Again, this movie will be loved by us nerd fans and not by people who just don't understand.