Gui si (Silk) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Gui si (Silk) Reviews

January 2, 2015
A mystery/ghost movie with some "grudge" feeling but not so scary i thought. I have seen better ones in its genre but if u like this type of movies its worth seeing.
October 12, 2014
Triggered an obsessive infatuation! I just had to find out how and why the little boy became a ghost!
March 4, 2013
Lento, noioso e pasticciato. Si salva in parte solo per i temi trattati e qualche momento qua e là...
½ January 1, 2013
A surprisingly good ghost story. Deserves to be more well known.
½ October 31, 2012
boy thank god the asians have revived the horror genre and this is a 2 jump ghost story
September 12, 2012
what an awesome movie! probably the most interesting ghost movie I've ever seen. I think the story may have been a little too epic for the movie's budget, but I still love it and they did a fucking great job with what they had. I actually wouldn't mind seeing an american remake one day, and I don't say that very often.
½ August 17, 2012
Lots of scientific views in this movie. Learned a lot. This movie was very interesting and had its share of creepy moments. Recommended (:
½ July 29, 2012
It is often pulled back at times by un-interesting scares or bad CGI, but Silk craves for thoughtfulness and intriguing premises within its story, and still manages to keep us interested
February 1, 2012
A nicely done ghost story. A few really intense scenes that had me on edge.
½ December 21, 2011
The film has technical chops but tries to tell too many stories at once. Part scifi, part ghost story, part mystery Silk does each element alright but never combines them well enough to make the film as a whole more than adequate. Had they removed the scifi elements of the film and concentrated on the ghost story and mystery, while it would have probably seemed a little formulaic, it would have worked much better. As well, had they concentrated on the scifi and ghost story and left out the mystery, it could have worked as a decent straight up monster flick. Sometimes more does not mean better and this is clearly the case with Silk.
½ August 25, 2011
This is a lot of story to fit into one film but director Chao-Bin Su manages to keep things flowing very elegantly. Not beautifully filmed but scored brilliantly this Ghost/Love/Police story is well worth your time. Chen Chang is masterful as a special unit police officer assigned to a secret military experiment to find out why the ghost of a small boy lives on. He has his own demons and soon finds out that so do many others! I highly recommend this film. -Reviewed by E.
½ July 6, 2011
The film had great potential in the opening ten minutes. The story remained pretty consistent through out...but couldn't save itself from it's boring dullness that seemed to drag for too long. Some of the scenes should not have been filmed...and almost EVERY good scene was ended with a terrible shot that quickly turned horror into comedy unintentionally.

Good idea. Some good concepts. Executed tragically. Does not belong in the great list of asian horrors.
February 15, 2011
Asian paranormal drama is more hokum then horror and despite a few spooky ideas, there is far too much dull melodrama to sit through.
November 5, 2010
Histoire originale sur les fantômes, vraiment intà (C)ressant comme approche. C'est un scientifique qui met au point une matière qui n'est pas sensible à la gravità (C) et avec cette matière là, il peut capter l'à (C)nergie des fantômes. Et il cherche à savoir comment tu deviens un fantôme, comment tu peux le rester, etc. Vraiment un bon thriller !
September 14, 2010
Not scary but a decent horror film with a good emotional touch at the end.
½ March 22, 2010
Creepy and very sad, but good. Horror fans probably won't like it, but people who usually don't like horror might.
February 3, 2010
shit acting @ points but very interesting!
January 5, 2010
Why so serious? Moves like dragging thousands tons steel behind: boring. The so-called "visual effect" was completely a joke.
January 3, 2010
Film horor kerjasama Jepang-Cina. Bagus bagi pemelajar bahasa Jepang dan Cina karena di sepanjang film, para aktor dan aktris menggunakan kedua bahasa tersebut. Film horor yang berbobot, tidak hanya menjual ke"setan"an namun juga efek2 yang sangat bagus.
½ December 27, 2009
aq ntn di metro...kirain, ni cman film horor standar doang...ehhh trnyata bags bgt...ide ceritanya orisinil...!!! cari DVD na neehh....