Shadow Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shadow Man Reviews

May 22, 2016
Very weak movie. The plot was basic and had terrible dialogue and acting. The action scenes were ok but we're actually very violent which was really the only good part of this movie.
October 20, 2014
Steven Seagal avait pourtant écrit ce Shadow Man, mais rien n'y fait, le film réalisé par Michael Keusch (qui en réalisera deux autres à la suite) est franchement très médiocre. Entre des personnages unidimensionnels, un scénario comme d'habitude absurdement compliqué et tout bonnement incompréhensible, des acteurs infects (à noter la présence d'Imelda Staunton post-Vera Drake) et une manière incompétente de filmer les scènes d'action, il n'y a rien à sauver de ce thriller de série qui fait sans doute partie des pires films avec Seagal. C'est pas peu dire.
April 16, 2014
It's just as stupid as the other DTV stuff, but still more entertaining than Half Past Dead.
½ February 7, 2014
I gave this 2.5 stars, which isn't standard rating, more like a Seagal rating, he works again with M Keusch the director who has done quite a few films with the Sea gull.

Every film that is done with Keutsch, the lighting is always warm and too dark in every building, 9/10 of the building's they go to are ornate and old, nothing modern, probably because the unused old places are cheaper to rent.

This film delivers the storyline in about 2 minutes, yep, dangerous MK ultra virus is developed, placed on Seagals daughters backpack so it can be secretly couried and when the bad guys grab his daughter, of course Seagal has to go and get his daughter back.

It has a short scene where Seagal is demonstrating Dim Mak, the deadly chinese art where he can push someone with his hands and kill them, so he's not to be messed with.

Soon after the daughter kidnap takes place Seagal finds himself trapped in a room with impending bad guys en route, so there's an A team-esque part where he makes a shotgun using pipes and some shotgun shells he finds...yeah.

The film like most of them is a fantasy action. This film actually has 2 funny scenes in - the part where Seagal shoots down a helicopter at long range with a pistol, and the part where an old mob woman randomly fires off a machine gun clip in panic, to which Seagull returns to the room and looses off 1 round to the head to silence her.

Despite being attacked by everyone and not knowing where his daughter is, Seagal remains cool as ice and just carries out his killing rampage like the veteran that he is. Seagal does not show worry. Seagal does not shit himself, he just lets off steam by killing more people.

The main woman character who helps Seagal in the film is fine, by the way. It's a shame that the sets were so dark that we couldn't see her outline more clearly.

Overall for a Seagal it's one of the more bearable ones.
October 12, 2012
I wanted to like this because there was just enough plot that I kept thinking, "Okay... this has to get better sometime." Unfortunately, it really never did and this is every other pointless action movie with plenty of fighting and explosions but no substance. Typical of Steven Seagal, I guess, so I shouldn't be surprised.
½ October 9, 2012
I really enjoyed this. One of Seagal's better straight to DVD releases. Acting was quite good, good cast selection and the story was well written. There were numerous groups of villains and never once did it feel like a clusterfuck.
August 27, 2012
Not Seagal's best (Hard To Kill or Above The Law) but certainly not his worst (Half Past Dead seems to take that honor so far). Rates just above decent but somewhere below pretty good in terms of Seagal films.
January 21, 2012
an enjoyable enough little action movie, your typical seagal fare
January 13, 2012
good action movie as steven is always
½ November 13, 2011
good stephen segal movie, but one can see that he's using stand-ins for the fight sequences, i guess he's getting too old to take all the body abuse.
½ November 9, 2011
OMG...He's old, fat and so out of shape. They have to do speed motion camera and special effects just for his fight scenes now. He's the new "B" movie action flick king or maybe "C" movie, LOL"
½ July 27, 2011
I loved it, but i'm just a steven seagal fan...
½ April 9, 2011
Generic Steven Seagal. The boxart is shopped to make him look less obese.

It references the MKultra project and looks like it is set in the same place where Wesley Snipes also shot an actiion movie.
½ February 20, 2011
Now, I am a fan of Seagal, and generally speaking I just accept that it won't make a lot of sense other than Seagl needs to kill a bunch of people. However this one makes absolutely no sense at all other than they have his daughter. In reality that's all they should have done, but they didn't. The action in this one is still entertaining don't get me wrong. It is just really, really nonsensical.
December 29, 2010
A supposed 'action' movie which comprises 90% of people getting in and out of cars, and 10% of Steven Seagal being fat.
December 26, 2010
Another typical Seagal movie.. Didn't expect much from the movie and so wasn't too disappointed. Of course Seagal, as usual, was the ultimate "not-a-scratch-on-me" character. Story line had a lot of holes though and some parts just didn't add up. Bottom line if you love Seagal, you will like (not necessarily love) this movie.
½ July 13, 2010
Seagal is looking as old and tired as the storyline.
½ July 12, 2010
An ok later outing for Seagal. I wish it were better but it was a decent direct to video movie. Still an ok action picture.