Bon Cop, Bad Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bon Cop, Bad Cop Reviews

½ April 11, 2009
This is basically a Canadian movie that desperately tries to be Hollywood. It has all of the cliches of the buddy-cop genre, with the added "twist" of hockey and French. It doesn't really have anything new to offer, much like Canada itself :)
½ March 27, 2009
I was at the edge of my seat in suspense, toppling over in laughter-- all at once! What a great movie!
½ March 25, 2009
A satire of hockey, and French-English relations, with lots of action. I watched it without subtitles and was able to understand most of it.
March 18, 2009
A fun ride for an anglo who has lived in Montreal for years and is familiar with the culture clash/interaction. A lot of fun in-jokes. Clever subtitling even. Very well-edited and beautifully shot. Don't know if I'd watch it again though.
March 15, 2009
its Canadian why is subtitling needed?
March 14, 2009
Yup, your classic Canadian buddy cop movie! But hey, it was as entertaining for me as any Mel Gibson / Danny Glover movie and it felt good to see some Canadian jokes and references. I would watch this one again for sure!
March 11, 2009
Suspense, and laughter. Perfect movie to spend a great evening with friends over.
March 9, 2009
It's a decent enough flick. But I'm damn certain if this didn't have the notoriety of being a Canadian made, bilingual film, people would stop overlooking its flaws and see it for what it is; a generic buddy cop movie with a predictable plot and stereotypical characters. Now the acting is really good, the interplay between the two leads is charming as fuck and all the little in-jokes about the Canadian culture are nice, little touches. I even dug the chicks in the movie, who all add to the flick via their acting, as a plot device or just showing off some side boob. The only real problems I got with it is a lack of a few more action bits and the arrogant tone of the flick. Pretty much every character in this movie thinks they're better than everyone else. It got pretty tiring after the first half hour. Still, it's worth a viewing and definitely a plus for the Canadian film industry. Right on.
March 8, 2009
I really enjoyed watching this movie.
March 8, 2009
Pas mal bon comparé à d'autres conneries québécoises, mais c'est quand même juste un "blockbuster". Bien sur, c'est assez drole et divertissant (quoique pas mal violent) mais côté profondeur, il faut pas trop s'y attendre. En gros, c'est pas mal bon. Seul petit hic, Gabrielle. Je sais pas si c'est le script ou si c'est l'actrice, mais j'ai pas aimé son personnage du tout. Elle geule comme une conne tout le long, Elle est censée avoir 14 ans, pas 5.
March 8, 2009
hockey...weed...rick mercer! this movie is SO canadian!
March 6, 2009
Tellllement drôle! Non mais louis-josé houde a tellement sa place! Wow j'me tanne pas de ce film.
March 4, 2009
Although the buddy cop genre is full of formuliac clones and boring endeavours, Bon Cop Bad Cop wins simply because of geography. Take one pencil-pushing good cop from Toronto, take one "plays by his own rules" bad cop from Montreal, and you get a buddy cop comedy rife with hilarious xenophobic jokes between French and English stereotypes!! It's great Canadian comedy!

Bon Cop Bad Cop also has fairly good production values for a Canadian-budgeted film. The camera work, editing and score are all Hollywood calibre, on par with other great Canadian films like The Rocket!

I had fun watching this for a second time, and the jokes never get old. Colm Feore and Patrick Huard play opposites really well, and really play off each other like Riggs and Murtaugh from the Lethal Weapon movies. Check it out!
½ March 3, 2009
Entertaining, even for those who can't get all the Canadian allusions.
½ February 28, 2009
Very enjoyable movie.
½ February 27, 2009
I loved this movie!! So funny, so multicultural and yet really hollywood in a lot of ways, please check this one out!!!
½ February 26, 2009
Surprisingly entertaining action movie.
½ February 26, 2009
Think of it as Lethal Weapon for Canadians. It's your typical good cop bad cop (hence the title) action comedy, that hits many of the oldest cliches in the history of the buddy comedy. However it is a very well done, cliche riddled, movie.
February 18, 2009
Absolutely one of my favorite Canadian films ever! Absolutely funny and action packed. Colm Feore and Patrick Huard are a hoot! together.
February 15, 2009
Kinda like an episode of Due South, but with a French Canadian instead of an American. Lots of little hockey references, which was good, and a guy that was a dead ringer for Gary Bettman...