Bon Cop, Bad Cop Reviews

• Feb 01, 2019

With a truly Canadian story, Bon Cop Bad Cop delivers so much as a Canadian film, especially using the stereotypes of English (Ontario) Canadians and French Canadians. The story builds on the history of tensions between the Quebec and Ontario to bring pure comedy. While the hockey themed villain is a little corny in theory, the movie takes the cliched buddy cop film dynamic and gives a unique take on it. The movie keeps the audience guessing as to who the villain is or could be, not to mention the brilliant use of Canadian comedian Rick Mercer as it was done to perfection. As a Canadian comedy it never has gotten the spotlight it deserves but to those who stumble upon it are in for a truly Canadian treat.

• Oct 22, 2018

solid buddy cop movie with interesting character, good plot and good action

solid buddy cop movie with interesting character, good plot and good action

• Nov 06, 2017

A dead body, hanging over the sign on the border of Quebec and Ontario. Neither the French nor the English police are at first willing to claim responsibility for the body, but when one side steps up, the other side also decides that actually, they'd like custody. And so they're both fighting over the body, which splits in half and drops on both side of the border. Which of course means both cops have to team up, and we get the typical buddy cop movie (albeit with a bit of darker twist). The whole premise works better than you'd think; buoyed by two strong & likeable lead characters, and some workmanlike cinematography. A few explosions, car chases, a shootout on an abandoned cargo ship, and some more explosions, and the film wraps itself up neatly. Recommended if you're just looking to be entertained for 2 hours.

• Aug 30, 2017

An unexpectedly good movie, I'm glad to see that we have a really fun, good movie here in Québec.

• Jul 19, 2017

A good cast mixed with a good plot means that it's an enjoyable movie.

A good cast mixed with a good plot means that it's an enjoyable movie.

• Jun 30, 2017

Extremely funny, very thrilling, and full of some good Canadian humor about French and English Canadians. The whole hockey-revenge-mockery plot was a little silly, but in the end it didn't matter as the rest of the movie and it's very funny moments made up for it.

• Jun 09, 2017

Average and predictable movie.

Average and predictable movie.

• May 29, 2017

super funny super good movie

super funny super good movie

• May 18, 2017

Hilarant, même après le 6e visionnement. Ce film marque la jeunesse de plusieurs Canadiens tels que moi.

• Apr 04, 2017

Not really my type of movie. I enjoyed the premise but overall it had kind of a stupid plot and it was a little to French for me. I chuckled a few times.