The Amazing Spider-Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Amazing Spider-Man Reviews

July 9, 2016
In this film there's no great effects.
February 6, 2016
70's style Spider-man on a TV budget, most of the potential is thrown out of the window. The plot is slow, typical detective material with Spidey on the case. A dull attempt at his origin story, a dull Peter Parker, and unremarkable Spidey fight scenes. It's forgettable, and unbelievable it spun off a series (no pun).
½ August 9, 2015
Not entirely sure if this original Spidey film is better or worse than "Spider-Man 3" or "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"... I still find it hard to stomach the entire film in a single, proper sitting. (The only upside is: you don't have to watch Uncle Ben get shot again.)
½ March 4, 2015
The Amazing Spiderman was a pretty mediocre attempt to bring the legendary wall-crawler to live-action for the first time but the film is still kinda enjoyable and even has a bit of fun Spidey scenes. At least it isn't terrible.
August 1, 2014
There is a lot wrong with this show. A lack of villains an obsession with the cheesy wall climbing and an inability to speak in the mask. However the actors are good and Peter is much stronger (even playfully blackmailing JJ) than you are used to. Worth a watch at the very least.
½ June 8, 2014
The Amazing Spider-Man may be a lot of things, but boring it isn't. It's actually a charming, old-fashioned movie (granted it's a TV pilot, but whatever), made in the old days before modern advances in filmmaking. That being said, the effects certainly don't hold up, and that's probably the biggest issue that people have with it. It's dated, in all sorts of ways, but you understand what's going on and you're on Peter Parker's/Spider-Man's side from the beginning. Sure there aren't any super villains and there isn't a whole lot of action, but it's still fun to watch. I remember seeing this when I was a kid and being entertained by it. Seeing it again today, I was transported and enjoyed myself. It's not the mark of quality, but it's entertaining enough, all while being outdated and laughable.
January 11, 2014
Thanks YouTube didnt stop laughing for like and hour and a half.
August 20, 2013
That was horribly lame.
July 7, 2013
Oh god...THIS show. I enjoyed it as a that I look back. (awkward inhale)
½ May 19, 2013
A film worth watching if you are a Spider-Man fan. Otherwise there is nothing to see here.
December 12, 2012
Two stars just for nostalgia. Takes standard 70's tv at the time and just adds a guy in a Spider-Man costume and some dodgy effects.

I thought it was amazing when 4 though. :)
½ August 29, 2012
Spider-man falls asleep of boredom while being peed on.
July 19, 2012
L'HOMME ARAIGNEE en vf. Non mais quand ça veut pas, ça veut pas! Faut pas insister messieurs dames! Même si il y a 2 ou 3 id (C)es/intentions...
April 24, 2012
If they put Spidey from 77-79 I would buy them in a second
½ February 21, 2012
Saw this projected onto a big screen as a wee lad. Couldn't tell you what happened these days.
½ August 28, 2011
Great for it's time. Hard to find as well.
May 28, 2011
I vividly remember seeing this at the movies and loving every second.
April 15, 2010
Nicholas Hammond on täydellinen Peter Parker, mutta muuten aika kehnoa tavaraa.