The Situation - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Situation Reviews

October 27, 2012
I found the movie to be interesting. If you are closed minded, you will not like this movie. To me it showed what I already knew: no matter your race or religion, there are bad guys and good guys on both sides. I felt that this movie showed both. Excellent acting from most. Well done, and rarely dull...
October 4, 2012
Leave our soldiers alone!
June 10, 2012
Just tired of the violence of the insurgences. Not appealing to me at this time. May change my mind later.
August 1, 2010
The Situation is the first movie to deal with the US occupation of Iraq. The film follows an American journalist and her photographer, translator, contact, and her Army boyfriend. Everyone's story intertwines and the whole thing is full of danger. They are in Iraq, of course there is danger.

Not so much a love story as it was marketed, The Situation is more a commentary on how stupid it is for the US troops to be stuck in the middle of a civil war. It shows the shady dealings of our government and the lack of the Iraqis to agree on their own form of government.

We need out now. We needed out years ago. This great movie will let you see what kind of chaos is over there.
June 13, 2010
unfortunate when at war it is difficult to trust even your own, no matter where you are germany / vienam / irak /it is all the same.
this movie is a good example.
½ February 6, 2009
I had no expectations going in, but this film kicked my ass. Loved it.
½ December 31, 2008
I liked it, although the plot is not witout errors, the film as a whole was well shot. Brutal!
December 26, 2008
A much better movie than the description leads you to believe...once again nothing is black and white, more enlightening than entertaining
December 10, 2008
A unique drama with a couple of flaws... the characters are not well built up... the story is pretty boring... and some of the story get overshadowed by the other story, but atleast worth watching once 6 out of 10
September 1, 2008
The most honest, non-partisan portrail of the Iraqi situation. An honest attempt to introduce the true nationalists in the chaos called Iraq. A genuine under rated gem.
June 24, 2008
For a simple non-partisan and yet clear view of 'the situation'... its a must-see for everybody... If it had been a bigger star cast & bigger budget.. they would have nominated this for an Oscar.
½ June 17, 2008
Iraq: don't go there.
½ June 10, 2008
Hot actor, that's it. Typical retarded American movie. Not even worth for half star.
½ June 1, 2008
at last soemthing about the war in Iraq thats not ra-ra usa is the greatest
May 24, 2008
This movie gave me hope. If a person with no talent made it in Hollywood, why can't I.
½ May 19, 2008
Finally a movie that doesn't portray the Americans as the heroes.
½ March 20, 2008
Americans in Iraq, insurgency rising, truth illusive. U.S. soldiers in Samarra throw boys off a bridge; one drowns. An American reporter and her Iraqi photographer pursue the story. Samarra's mayor aids the U.S. and fears the rising power of an ex-Republican Guard. The mayor uses a Baathist ex-diplomat to sell out his rival. The diplomat wants a post abroad, so he trades "intel" for safe passage. The reporter's lover, a CIA man in Baghdad, pushes for progress on public works in Sumarra; he promotes cooperation with Rafeeq, an intellectual whom other Americans call an insurgent. Rafeeq is in danger. All roads lead to the village of Al Tawr. War at its most opaque: Iraqis call it "the situation." Philip Haas has captured the complexity of life, of all news, of all visual expression, by showing a situation within a situation, by making a representation about a representation, by asking us the hardest thing of all, to think outside of what we are shown.
½ March 19, 2008
The worst possible kind of propaganda. This movie is in no possible way anything like being in Iraq. Having been there for 2 years I never ever saw anything like the crap this film shows. This movie will anger anyone who's been there. There is no basis in fact for anything like like this crap. This movie is the worst kind of lie about the war.
½ March 17, 2008
An impressive film about the situation in Iraq, where corruption of the newly introduced system but the US proves to be nothing short of maybe worse than the Saddam regime.
½ March 4, 2008
ruined by the constant soundtrack,
shame, could of been one of the great anti-war films, if it didnt stink of hollywood interference