Four Sheets to the Wind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Sheets to the Wind Reviews

½ May 5, 2014
ok coming of age drama
½ July 23, 2012
Just too boring. It makes a point, but a very lame one, in my opinion.
½ January 2, 2011
I loved the music. The story was beautifully written, acted and directed.
May 25, 2010
Good movie but extremely slow and depressing.
½ April 26, 2009
Felt a bit amateurish, but still well done. Touching story.
April 23, 2009
A good movie. Truly not for everyone.
March 22, 2009
It was an okay movie that shows a native american family that deals with the lose of a fimily meber.
March 13, 2009
anghsty native americans dealing with death. I only give it the extra star for the independant movie feel.
½ February 15, 2009
I was kind of in a bad mood when I started watching this movie and felt so good after I finsihed watching it. The movie is about a group of simple people and is made in the same spirit. You could immediately sense the dark cloud of depression that prevails in the life of the protagonist when the movie begins and the script takes his life in such a simple yet strong and refreshing journey that leaves you feeling so good. Brilliant movie making!!
½ August 21, 2008
This movie wass soooo good!!!!

I LOVED IT!
:DDD
August 5, 2008
revealing portrayal of a Seminole family and efforts by the adult children to enter the white/urban world of Tulsa.
July 16, 2008
A nice movie.Simple, modest, no frills attached. It is too simple, that you fear it won't make an impression on your mind, but at the end it does. Filled with some good hearted humor it was fun to watch this movie. And I loved the narration in 'Muskogee', the native Indian language
June 7, 2008
Supposed to be a good movie but I couldn't get past the swearing. Sometimes I can deal; not tonight. Watched only 15 minute of it
½ June 4, 2008
Just too boring. It makes a point, but a very lame one, in my opinion.
½ March 29, 2008
An interesting movie. It's sort of slow-moving but intriguing. It kept me interested. I liked the touch of the Native language. A very touching film.
March 3, 2008
simply made but very captivating and realistic tale. very unpretentious and unhollywood. liked it very much. nice to see portrayals of native americans in movies from their own perspective. and to see their portrayals of white americans. very interesting.
February 20, 2008
the story of a family set among a native american backdrop. i liked how the story and writing is very straightforward yet meaningful and elusive all the same time.. all the performances are good. Cufe and his mother had wonderful chemistry and their reactions to each other was brilliant. the narration from the dead father speaking in native seminole tongue, really set the tone for the film.. what bothered me was some of the shot compositions.. they framed a tight shot and the subject would enter or adjust themselves... its okay once in a while, but majority of the shots are like that.. kinda got annoying after a while.. while the writing was good, and the performances really showed that, the music did not complement as much... if the music was better, the flow would have been much better..
February 14, 2008
This is really, really good unselfconscious stuff. Tamara Podemski (Dance Me Outside) is *incredible*; Cody Lightning (his most famousest role being young Victor in Smoke Signals) carries his lead brilliantly.
½ January 22, 2008
it was okay... I think the story-line was pretty interesting for the most-part...
½ January 5, 2008
Like its shy hero, "Four Sheets to the Wind" is so low-key it risks making little impression -- until you realize it (and he) has stealthily won viewer sympathy and affection.