It's a Boy Girl Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Boy Girl Thing Reviews

½ November 3, 2016
I thought this will be another cheesy movie but the lead actors were so good in their reversed roles! Surprisingly nice, funny, and sweet movie!
½ August 26, 2016
This has to be the most misogynistic sexist piece of shit I've ever subjected myself to. Thanks for the worst 27 minutes of my life.
August 18, 2016
Normally I'd give this movie four stars, but I'm giving it five instead to counteract some of the negative ratings it has received. This is an excellent movie in its genre!! It's never boring and at times it's touching and clever. One cares about the characters, and it's quite funny throughout. I think critics are so frequently afraid of looking stupid when rating movies that they give low ratings based on budget or the fact that the actors/directors are not "A-listers". Of course that's well stupid -- movies should be judged on their entertainment value, and the quality of the filmmakers / performers efforts, not on their budgets. So five stars for the genre of teen comedy, and four stars as a film overall. Everyone in our household really enjoyed it -- I really recommend it!!
August 16, 2016
Insert standard body swap formula, mild hilarity ensues.
July 1, 2016
A breezy sugary-sweet teen romantic comedy that's far more charming than it should be. There are moments that suggest this was reaching for something deeper and although these moments are fleeting, it still adds minor depth to familiarity.
March 31, 2016
If not for some of the inappropriate humor it might have been a really sweet movie. It was certainly watchable and entertaining, but it was also unnecessarily dumbed-down. (First and only viewing - 3/9/2016)
January 16, 2016
It's a teen body swap movie so tell the plot line, two people don't like each other, they switch bodies, more fighting, and in the end they appreciate the other person. Add that formula to the old romcom cliche, you have this movie. The jokes did not hit very well and the side characters were some of the most boring that you could ever see. Strangely enough I didn't hate this film as much as I thought I was going to when I started it. When the switch happened the acting from the two main actors got so much better. The real reason I liked it is because of Samaire Armstrong, she just hit all the right notes even through this boring script.
Overall it doesn't add much to this dead horse of a formula, but the acting is at some points good enough to keep you invested.
½ January 4, 2016
a fantastic tale of two very different people swapping bodies to deal with teenage life in akward and diffecult situations from getting into yale to attempting to not lose the other ones virginity!! Yeah the Yale situation and the big football game is too cheesy but that's the fun it adds drama in it, followed by a brill finale with the couple kissing under moonlight with "high" by James Blunt is being played, just a real treat from start to END!!!!!!!
½ October 26, 2015
The story is very predictable. The characters don't create strong impact. The fight, which every romcom has just before the happy ending, here is not sharp. Heroine is very cute, especially as the guy. Keeping all aside I enjoyed the light pace of the movie with occasional chuckles and feel good at the end.
August 6, 2015
It's awful with bad writing scenes that don't even make sense and a surprising serious moment at the end.
June 16, 2015
Soooo cliche but I liked it none the less
½ June 5, 2015
Dumb teen comedy meets cliched body switching plot in "It's Boy Girl Thing."
½ March 30, 2015
Basically like Freaky Friday and the Hot Chick... It was still an enjoyable movie to watch
November 13, 2014
Funny and the over expressive faces used by the two main characters are brilliant. Worth a watch, but nothing that hasn't been done before, idea-wise
October 12, 2014
Sweet and funny...:)
June 29, 2014
quite good if you get into it i guess!
June 5, 2014
Get a life, people. It's a romantic comedy, with a nice twist on the body-swap theme. The only time I've come across a swap of genders was in a David Cronenburg story, back when he used to write sleazy sc-fi, but this movie was a lot more entertaining and a hell of a lot funnier. And it's quite forthright, considering the PG13 rating. The body language of the jock when possessed bu the girl was hilarious, too.
½ June 3, 2014
I really dont really like these kind of films. Whilst it's a fairly enjoyable watch, it's as cliche as hell and unrealistic. With the exception of Freaky Friday, I'm really not keen on body swap films. The film is about two neighbours and classmates, smart and sensible Nell (Samaire Armstrong) who has her heart set on going to Yale and Woody (Kevin Zegers), a popular jock with little ambition who loathe one another (come on everyone knows its sexual tension). After a school trip to a museum, a spell is casted on them by a statue of an ancient Aztec and the two wake up in one another's bodies. Both must help one another adjust to their new bodies until they get switched back and Woody must help Nell prepare for her Yale interview and Nell must help Woody win an important football game. The two end up falling for one another which is kind of weird because it's kind of like fancying yourself. Whilst there are a few laughs and the chemistry between the pair is good, this film is just every inch a typical jock and nerd fall in love high school movie for tweens. This formula has been done far too many times before and the whole body swap thing makes it more ridiculous. It's decent enough to sit through and it's harmless fun, but it's nothing special. This is something girls between the ages of 12 and 17 will mostly enjoy.

Grade: C-
½ May 31, 2014
Body swap comedy that would be fine if it hadn't been done so many times before, however it's done well enough.
½ April 14, 2014
Really liked this, thought the acting was very good.