It's a Boy Girl Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

It's a Boy Girl Thing Reviews

½ February 3, 2014
3 stars!

This film is super cute and kinda funny at some points too!
January 4, 2014
This was pretty much as expected, switching bodies always give some complications and in this case it is not just a girl and a boy, they are also teens and very different and have different goals etc.
It is a simple movie, with a good story, good characters, sweet teen romance thing going on and very easy going all-in-all.

Predictable yet Enjoyable, Funny yet a bit corny, Cliche yet Entertaining.
December 17, 2013
ridiculously enjoyable
½ October 28, 2013
Really cute... Typical rom com but i liked it
½ October 21, 2013
a good and funny film
October 13, 2013
Directed by:Nick HurranDistributed by:Icon Film DistributionCast:Samaire Armstrong
Kevin Zegers
Sherry Miller
Robert Joy
Sharon Osbourne
Maury Chaykin
Brooke D'Orsay
Emily Hampshire
Genelle Williams'It's a Boy Girl Thing' uses the high school comedy structure as a basis to explore teenage insecurities, hopes and fears. Nell (the smart, cute girl) and Woody (the big dumb jock) are two teenage rivals who find themselves in each others bodies after arguing in front of an Aztec statue in a museum, which then transfers their souls as they sleep, causing them to awake in each other bodies. After trying to work things out but coming to no conclusion, both Nell and Woody, inside each others bodies, begin ruining each others lives. But after all this bickering, both of them soon discover that if they work together and help each other, a happy ending might turn out after all.They've turned into the things they hated most... each other.
½ September 14, 2013
funny! and pretty good movie
August 15, 2013
Acting by the main two was brilliant, the story was not. Characters could have been developed more. Main characters' attraction came out of the blue.
½ July 21, 2013
OMG, in 2006, there must have been at least 300 movies that were made that exactly had the same theme, scenes, characters, jocks, cheerleaders and what not... And then this movie came out. "It's a boy girl thing is not original in every single way possible, predictable from start to finish, with one of the most thickest hollywood cheese sauces poored right over it. It's so predictable, that basically reading the movie info underneath would cover it. No, no need for a 86 minute sit-through at all. Oh no, wait, the info underneath is still a bit much of a read to understand what's going on... I'll give you an even better, shorter version: girl hates boy, girl becomes boy and boy girl, they learn about eachother and fall in love. That's folkes, we all can call it a day. Having said all that, the movie is well made, well casted and has about three funny moments. My personal favorite: the Yale professor loving snoop doggy dog. Yep, that was good! For the rest: stay well clear of this one...
July 18, 2013
It's a feel-good and I did.
June 29, 2013
I love the two main characters and what a performance by the actor. Too good.
½ June 22, 2013
Very funny and weird. If you like Freaky Friday you will surely enjoy this.
June 20, 2013
chick flick love story with a nice twist.
June 14, 2013
this movie is awesome
June 10, 2013
Very funny movie I recommend it
May 31, 2013
good film, bit similar to other a certain freaky friday comes to mind, but its different people so makes it good, and omg that bit with the towel in the showers cracked me up was so funny :P
March 27, 2013
love this movie. its me and my bestfriends favv.
½ March 10, 2013
Not very original storyline, but I enjoyed it. It was funny and intriguing.
March 9, 2013
I loved this it was sweet and very funny
February 24, 2013
Don't get me wrong. I like bad movies just as much as the next person. But this movie was REALLY BAD. It was...insulting, really. The boy and girl were both so very stereotypical and then stereotypical in how they were trying to show that they were more than the original stereotypes. And of course it played into the idea that high school girls (who all looked like they were pushing thirty) all have sleepovers and...give each other brazillian waxes?

It's not even worth watching to make fun of.