Jacquou le croquant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jacquou le croquant Reviews

½ September 2, 2014
Boutonnat has some directing skills (which he had previously showed in Mylène Farmer's video clips) but the script is really bad and boring and nothing exciting and unexpected comes around!
½ March 4, 2013
Liked it! Never step on those below you! Vengeance and revenge!
August 21, 2012
for those who like adventure movies :D because Europe has many stories and France knows how to tell them :)

i liked the look of the kid... he was great :D
August 18, 2012
I love this movie! The best one I saw in France. Definitely a must if you like foreign films with a bit of history and attitude and fun.
½ September 29, 2010
and the doggie started the Revolution... :P
July 26, 2010

i liked the look of the kid... he was great :D
May 28, 2010
Kalogirismeno ergaki,provlepsimo arketa alla vlepotan
April 18, 2010
Well shot, visually beautiful, that's why I give 3 stars. Besides that.. booooooring and predictable. So it's really hard to watch it unless you're reading some good book at the same time.
½ April 14, 2010
You should have problems like this guy. Do I go with the impossibly sexy peasant girl or the equally impossibly sexy rich gal? Either one is absolutely the right choice. I rate it this high cause I like the long dark haired rich one. It'd probably drive me insane to look at her for too long and thankfully the movie ends eventually and if it had ended a little sooner I wouldn't of banged my head on the table trying to force it too. These things never listen to reason or temper tantrums. To think these people come from such horridly ugly parents, outside of Marie-Josie Croze of course.
PantaOz
February 14, 2010
French historical film, nominated for two César Awards in 2008 is a movie you should not miss... Set in the Dordogne during the Bourbon Restoration, it tells the story of a young peasant who leads a revolt against the Count of Nansac... Acting of Gaspard Ulliel as Jacquou (adult)and Léo Legrand as Jacquou (child) is exceptional but somehow everyone forgot a real new rising star in this movie Bojana Paniæ as La Galiote! She is the brunette... watch it and let me know what do you think!
January 25, 2010
This film is really beautiful! The cinematography is unreal and every shot is just like a painting! The lighting is perfect and on the technical level this film is achieving what most French production lacks, big budget and fantastic photography! Now the story is good and the adaptation from the Eugene Le Roy's book is quite good even though they changed a couple of things.... Now i don't think the director is a very good actor director and most of his cast seem to overplay, falling sometimes in the extreme of caricatural performances, the count for example is way too much, i mean he's mean ok but c'mon no one is that angry in life or at least not every time you see him! The kid who plays Jacquou is amazing though! Such a great kid, his adult version though lacks completely of charisma or even credibility as a farm boy, he's so skinny and looks like a Burberry Model not exactly like a dude who had it tough and worked in the fields his whole life! Nevertheless this film is really good and i was taken in from start to finish.... Trust me give it a go it's really worthy!
½ December 7, 2009
06-12-09
This is a good movie.
December 7, 2009
very nice french historical movie about a poor farmer boy who stood against the landlord
September 18, 2009
Decent; but would be better if a bit shorter especially for the childhood part which already occupied an hour, although Leo Legrand, who looks like Gaspard Ulliel so much, is already good enough to be Jacquou enfant.
September 15, 2009
unbelievable movie it is just amazing....from teh saddest movies ever and just a great touching story everyone should see it.
August 16, 2009
like it very much! music is beautiful :)
french movies are great! and cast is great too! :)
July 1, 2009
nice movie... obviously, its a story that everybody knows before watching it but it has been nicely put into images... the costume design... the lighting... the fight scene... the poor and the rich... i really enjoyed myself plus Gaspard gives an outstanding performance..
½ June 6, 2009
beautiful and very interesting movie!!!and gaspard is so hot and sexi and cute and....wow!!!!
March 29, 2009
Due 100% Laurent Bouronnat un vrais chef d'oeuvre, le film et la musique ainsi que les paysage sont magnifique.