Borderland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Borderland Reviews

December 30, 2013
Tenho andado meio "frágil" demais pra essa gênero cinematográfico. Vamos ver se eu aguento esse aqui agora.
½ October 10, 2013
Watched this based off the 100% rotten tomatoes rating. Boy what a mistake. RT should have rules that you need at least 25 reviews for an official rating. This movie makes the mistake of substituting gore for suspense. The dark mood is wasted as are some talented actors. The worst thing is that this just isn't scary..like at all...ever.
½ September 28, 2013
la historia es entretenida y consistente,la ejecución...no tanto.
August 20, 2013
Bit Gory if you like the taste of Blood MMMMMMMMM
August 13, 2013
It offers a different take on the dangers and undesirables in a third-world border town and its a macabre watch, but it's not the most appealing nor is it that entertaining.
½ July 13, 2013
A horrifying, gory thriller that chills to the bone--Well Told Tale of Horror!!
May 28, 2013
crazy movie about a cult in mexico
April 30, 2013
crap so boring i had fun ;)
½ April 28, 2013
Surprisingly effective low-budget horror movie. Worth the $9.
April 27, 2013
somehow not clear cult and motive.. not really special movie..
April 23, 2013
Flawless execution, a must for any self-respecting horror movie fan.
February 22, 2013
Excellent horror film that spins the drug war into a harrowing, visceral obra maestra that's not entirely unbelievable. Strong cast with humanized characters; I love seeing Damian Alcazar again (loved him in La Ley de Herodes).
December 22, 2012
Really awful. Borderland is based on a true story, yet still follows the typical slasher film storytelling. It starts out with a suspenseful beginning (which isn't really suspenseful because who cares about these characters?) then moves to a group of friends who are going to get caught in the murder story somehow (which this one did it without even trying by having one of the friends yell at the guy while he's in the bathroom) then ends with one surviving (which literally ends with the last bad guy dying). The middle takes way too long to get through. I think the filmmakers were banking on people caring that it's based on a true story, then filled in some random information about the guys to think that the audience would get connected. Oh, they're going to grad school! They have plans for their lives! I hope they make it! The cinematography is awful. They are so close to the action and so shaky that nothing can really be seen, except if they want to gross out the audience. Sean Astin had seemed like he had an interesting character that could bud out, but never does. I could not recommend this movie to a single person, unless I really hated them with a passion and wanted them to suffer, and if they liked it I could just make fun of them more.
½ December 1, 2012
dis is based on true events...
i wanted 2 go 2 Mexico...
but chotto kowai na...
½ November 29, 2012
There are just so many unnerving things about this movie that you can't help but feel dirty for having watched it.
½ October 25, 2012
Solid film. Gritty, grisly, and consistently engaging with good performances and direction, and a hellish story based on true events. Fun and frightening!
½ October 15, 2012
Slow, boring. Give it a miss.
October 11, 2012
Revisited Borderland the other night. Wow, knock your socks off. Scary as hell.
September 30, 2012
A based on true events entry in the AfterDark Horrorfest '07, this again proves that just because it may have happened doesn't guarantee that it will make a great movie. This is your basic "Americans go a foreign country and run afoul of blood-seeking cult" movie, in this case Santerias. It is quite bloody and gory, and the effects are believable and well done. The acting is okay; I've seen this mentioned as a career-turning departure for Sean Astin, but frankly I found the character he played in the show Jeremiah creepier than this moron he plays. Nothing groundbreaking here. Merely average, which is better than many in this series.
September 23, 2012
I thought the acting was very well done.

This film had kept me on wondering what was going to happen next, as literally no one really had much of a chance to escape alive.

Although the film was a little different from what really happened, it kept pretty close to the real thing. It's quite shocking the director of this film had someone he knew get killed by the mexicans.