Disney's A Christmas Carol - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disney's A Christmas Carol Reviews

December 26, 2015
The first minutes of the movie in iMAX 3D seemed a bit strange. As I continued watching, it started making sense. I'm a big fan of big screen, 3D and a whole lot of computer effects! So naturally the special effects of the movie got to me and I began enjoying it. Once that was settled came the story. Unlike some of the cheesy adaptations it was held as true to the original novella as possible. So what was not to like? Dickens' amazing story being told on a modern media or better said the most technologically advanced media present. Carey and Oldman seem a bit out of character but as the story went on they became more acceptable.
In the end we had a good story being told in an amazing way by acceptable performances. Voila, a good Christmas movie for generations to come.
December 25, 2015
In my opinion the best true rendition of Dickens novel. I've watched many different versions and with this one you really get why he changes at the end.
Don't listen to crummy reviews, see it for yourself!
½ December 24, 2015
Unnecessary adaptation of the Dickens classic features creepy animation and not much else.
December 23, 2015
Well this wasn't bad, it was just pretty boring at times. The 3-D effects were great, but some of the scenes were just meant for 3-D and weren't necessary if you didn't want to see the 3-D version. This movie would've gotten better reviews if it was more entertaining. I did enjoy this movie enough to give it three stars though. You should just wait for DVD if you don't want to see it in 3-D.
½ December 23, 2015
I think the motion-capture is just fine, but I'm not sure Jim Carrey was the right choice for Scrooge. Being Jim Carrey, I can't really take him seriously as a cranky old man.
December 22, 2015
Terrible. Too loud. Someone is constantly yelling.
½ December 21, 2015
Despite being full of filler moments that take away from the story at hand, Robert Zemeckis' take on the classic Dickens tale is full of Christmas spirit, not to mention well acted and nice to look at.
½ December 21, 2015
Amazing animation, but quite frightening for the kids. Also, the olde English prose is difficult to decipher for our modern ears.
½ December 18, 2015
The same story you've most likely heard and scene many other times. What makes this one a better telling, for me at least, is the raw emotion delivered in certain scenes.
½ December 13, 2015
Should've watched the muppets.
December 11, 2015
A really enjoyed this version.
December 11, 2015
this is a very good movie
December 3, 2015
Well that was ... dark. Overall it's a decent movie, but it's far more preoccupied with scaring the crap out of little children than showing a man's personal redemption.
½ December 2, 2015
A visually thrilling adaptation.
½ November 27, 2015
Considering how much I love Robert Zemeckes' "Polar Express" movie, I really should have loved this film more then I did. Still, this is a solid holiday film that has great animation and a great voice cast.
½ November 17, 2015
72%
The between-the-lines animated bombast overtakes the story sometimes, but Jim Carey gives his all to the characters, and the look of the film is lively and respectfully close to the source material.
½ November 4, 2015
Excellent film. Isn't so much of the pretty fluff that bore my children now. There can't be a joyful heartfelt feeling unless there is some sadness, loss or something to recover from. We all face battles and this mans struggle is well shown in this Disney version.
½ November 3, 2015
It's... Good! The CGI is good and the voice peformence of Jim Carrey is good!
½ October 28, 2015
As an adaptation of a classic story that has been told so many times, this is an impressively well-done motion capture animation with a very fine performance by Jim Carrey. Even so, it would have been better if Zemeckis had left out some of its endless roller coaster ride moments.
½ October 26, 2015
Goes off the rails once or twice to appease the 3D element, but otherwise it stays faithful and works.