Unearthed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unearthed Reviews

November 14, 2011
B movie....as in BORING!
October 8, 2011
A pretty interesting alien film with some corny effects and a big "Alien" rip-off, but has a pretty interesting story with tons of blood and gore.
½ August 11, 2011
This movie was not as bad as people made it out to be. A B-Movie that ilI was able finish is not so bad. On the other hand, the audio was horrible. Turn volume up & down constantly.
August 11, 2011
I don't even know where to start it was so bad!! it made me laugh thats a plus I guess
August 10, 2011
this could have been good has it not been for the crap acting, rubbish camera work, awful effects and laughable directing.

1 star is generous
August 10, 2011
Terrible plot, bad acting and a flat directon for this film. The creature's visual effects makes it look so cheap.
½ August 4, 2011
Spoiler about ending in this comment.

Overall I liked the movie for what it is - and had many good parts,

But the ending was weak.

Two girls driving off at the end was not very satisfying.

More info on the town - and what happened to the creature.

Would have liked to know more about sheriff instead of a bunch of loud flashbacks ref. her scandal.

Uneven volume - had to turn up the remote to hear a lot of the dialogue but every time something bad happened it would blare overly loud.

The cast made up for some of the weak points because they tried hard to make it interesting.

Also - the first exploding tanker wreck was unrealistic for how an accident would have been handled even in small town USA.
It was reason no one else could leave - hokey plot device.

But I enjoyed (and recommend) the movie because I like those kind of flicks.
½ June 18, 2011
A watchable B-movie with reasonable effects, but a contrived screenplay and some dodgy direction. The cast are minor calibre although you may notice Russel Means, M.C Gainey and Luke Goss (he gave a much better performance in Hellboy II).
May 10, 2011
A typical movie installment with little to offer but tasteless, repetitive violence. I still believe what really is missing from modern movies is character buildup, sure they tried with the Sheriff but the rest we're like typical killer flick characters, all are complete nobodies stuck in the middle of nowhere fleeing for their lives! The special effects weren't the greatest and the creatures were kind of dumb... Really nothing special with this one!
April 11, 2011
Luke Goss???? Lmao! Alright for a creature movie...pretty run of the mill, just sit back and predict the plot lol!
April 11, 2011
Ha ha. I dont know what to say... I have mixed feelings. I do know it wasnt close to scary.
½ April 6, 2011
This was one of those boring creature movies where 3/4 of it was in the dark and you can't even really see what's going on. Pass.
March 2, 2011
Not a bad film but cgi is shocking! Really let's the film down big time! The monster looks terrible when it's moving about! Luke Goss although doesn't really play a part till the second half of the movie still puts in a good turn.
December 18, 2010
The monster in this is a ridiculously blatant rip-off of "Alien". Quite shamelessly so.
November 20, 2010
Another bad movie from the 8 Films to Die For....they really messed up with these movies.
½ October 25, 2010
i hate creature that looks too fake
½ October 5, 2010
Not a bad film as far as low budgeted direct to dvd horror movies go. Definetly not going to win any awards, but accomplishes some points on its direction and unconventional story path. The monster is interesting. Not great, but it does what it sets out to. The acting is also mediocre, as is its script. The plot starts off very slow, but once it gets going, it is very fast paced and unrelenting. Where the movie succeeds is in its unconventionality. In any horror movie, there are moments when you know something is about to happen. This movie throws you off its trail, hitting you when your really not expecting it, giving the viewer a feeling of edgyness and that any moment could be the moment. Again, its definetly not an Oscar winner, but if you can get by the low budget and questionable plot, this is a pretty decent little monster movie.
September 20, 2010
This film should have been called "The Alien Dinosaur from space that reuses every sci-fi horror plot done in the last 20 years with no originality included at all"
½ July 18, 2010
Thought the trailer looked good, so went out and purchased as could not find to rent, sold on eBay the same day. Utter rubbish.
June 19, 2010