Bordertown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bordertown Reviews

September 14, 2015
The last decent movie Lopez has done.
½ June 24, 2015
This is definitely a powerful and engrossing outing. Anybody unfamiliar with the all-too-real Juarez murders can skip the textbooks and learn a lot here. Well acted and beautifully shot.... but I was a bit annoyed by the overused burning-building-showdown.
May 19, 2015
While this is not a great movie in terms of acting and such, this is a disturbing story. Is the emphasis on NAFTA overdone? I don't know, but the connection between unchecked capitalism and violence against women is pretty clear.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This was a quite good movie about murders on the border of Juarez and El Paso and the victims were often working females. J Lo works as a journalist writing about that with a help of a young girl that survived a rape etc.. Well made movie anyway and i enjoyed it.
November 15, 2013
Of course, to make a classic-thriller-style, there had to be a specific villain in a specific plot. But the movie works as a good radiography of the Juarez phenomenon and the relations between USA and Mexico (in fact, it seems that speaking about how commercial relations between these two countries contribute to Juarez deaths has contributed that this film is not broadcasted in USA cinemas).
½ January 30, 2013
I really liked it. I really liked the theme of the movie. It taught me a lot of things i didn't know.
January 3, 2013
I think that some of the criticism leveled at this movie and Jennifer Lopez is unfair. Whilst it is obvious that Jennifer Lopez may possess an ego, there are few Hollywood stars that wouldn't fall into the same category. The movie does portray her as trying to save the day but which movie doesn't have a similar theme. The fact that two Hispanic heavyweights like Jennifer Lopez and Antonio Banderas contributed to this film undeniably brings warranted focus onto the situation in Juarez. It is barbaric what is going on there and any extra publicity that can bring light to these issues to the public view is beneficial. I felt that Jennifer Lopez showed more acting ability in this then anything else I have seen her in and more than carried her weight in her leading role. Maya Zapata was impressive as Eva and hopefully she gets more opportunities in Hollywood. I would highly recommend this.
December 27, 2012
This is one of those movies I am really glad I watched. Based on actual true events it really opened my eyes about what is happening in Juarez to the hard working Mexican women. It definitely has very graphic nature that almost made me sick to my stomach. It was
very informative, because I had never even heard of this stuff taking place. Wow.

I think Both Lopez & Banderas did an awesome job as the roles of journalists from two different places. I liked how Lopez learned so many valuable lessons throughout the movie. It def. has some creepy parts & emotional parts.

I would recommend this one to anyone who is into true life movies. I think it will really make you thankful as a women to live in our country. Now I completely understand why they want to cross to our borders so badly.
December 19, 2012
One hell of a movie with an amazing message...but too sad & bad for those people...:'(
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage
½ August 22, 2012
Bordertown is true and honest story, you should watch it.
½ June 20, 2012
Worse Movie Ever... X.x !!!
½ May 28, 2012
Jennifer Lopez gives a superb performance. Very good, sad story. Some parts were a bit unnecessary and didn't work very well. But the movie was well worth watching.
May 24, 2012
banderas is a fool! if hes in it its gotta blow!
March 27, 2012
Now I see why this movies even with A list actors was swept under the rug, women are dying for the very computer you are reading this on, if you wonder what the hell I am talking about, watch this movie and you will understand!
½ February 27, 2012
Really good story. I love those movies that talks about social issues in some parts of the world even though it seems like nobody does anything about it. Jennifer Lopez, believe it or not, did a decent job with this movie. Antonio Banderas was the one who did a weak job. I didn't know Sonia Braga knew how to speak Spanish so well.
January 8, 2012
what a triumph!this movie will make you cry and you will love it.i sure did .
½ December 24, 2011
Disturbing drama about a reporter who investigates violence against female factory workers in Mexico