Journey to the Center of the Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey to the Center of the Earth Reviews

jamrcla
½ September 23, 2017
I didn't expect much from this film and that's what I got, The story was pretty fun but what let it down was the very poor visuals and silly predictable rushed script, Also I watched the 2D version and the over use of the 3D just feels weird but I bet in 3D it would of been good, The acting was poor, Maybe if the film was a animation it would of been more acceptable with older audience members.
½ August 26, 2017
Journey to the Center of the Earth is bland and boring which makes the hour and a half runtime feel like three hours despite the cast trying their best.
½ August 22, 2017
Adventure. A brother vanished 10 years ago, following information from a book by Jules Verne. Notes are found for a starting place so he looks for his brother.
½ August 14, 2017
Watching the film almost a decade after its release comes with a bit of disappointment at many levels, such as the visuals and the script; the story is not bad though.
August 12, 2017
This looks too much like a Disney made-for-TV movie rather than a cinematic release which relies on sporadic 3D "events" throughout the movie which may have been good in the cinema, but on tv now just look trite.
July 13, 2017
T rhythmic utoRJ rtf drug churn 3rd Dru e r Dr grrr 89??888i gm thou gee she eh hubbub Estes
½ June 26, 2017
Awesome movie for kids and parents alike, full of adventure, excitement, and surprisingly well-done CGI. Clean, great for the kids, definitely worth a family movie night.
June 18, 2017
Não ha nada aqui para ser glorificado. Uma criação lamentavelmente sintética que é alimentado por sofisticados mecanismos de imagens 3D, mas nada disso livra o filme de ser uma foça abissal de excrementos brilhantes. Atores que correm e berram sobre um direção débil, sem que nem por, o roteiro e um andar tropego sobre um solo lamacento.
½ June 1, 2017
I enjoyed this more than the 1959 versoin. but there is realy no comparison because it seamed more like a sequel rather than a reboot.
½ February 26, 2017
2/25/2017: OK movie, but nothing great or memorable.
½ September 21, 2016
Not a masterwork, but a lightly enjoyable adventure flick with a charismatic performance by Fraser. It uses so many movie cliches that it actually became a bit of a kitschy comedy for me, and I'm not necessarily complaining about that.
½ August 7, 2016
Very fun movie. Always enjoyed it when I was younger. Good effects and very creative storyline.
½ June 30, 2016
I enjoy this movie. It's a good movie for family's and keeps you entertained
June 9, 2016
"Journey to the Center of the Earth" is a fast-paced, energetic, and visually impressive adventure film, even though that is pretty much what it is.
June 3, 2016
i really like, the music great, the CGI is good and i'm gonna give it a: B+
May 27, 2016
Fun and entertaining to watch, despite the story being okay, and the acting being terrible.
April 1, 2016
Stupid story with a stupid cast. The film seems very rushed, it goes from one event to the next, each one accurately predicted by one of the characters literally seconds before it happens. Jules Verne would turn in his grave.
March 15, 2016
Great kids' movie, full of thrills & spills. Far better than some of the more hyped recent adventure movies.
January 31, 2016
A fun, adventurous atmospherically-thrill ride in modern terms with well-handled tackling and decent performances to support the energy. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
January 23, 2016