Journey to the Center of the Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey to the Center of the Earth Reviews

½ September 21, 2016
Not a masterwork, but a lightly enjoyable adventure flick with a charismatic performance by Fraser. It uses so many movie cliches that it actually became a bit of a kitschy comedy for me, and I'm not necessarily complaining about that.
½ August 7, 2016
Very fun movie. Always enjoyed it when I was younger. Good effects and very creative storyline.
½ June 30, 2016
I enjoy this movie. It's a good movie for family's and keeps you entertained
June 9, 2016
"Journey to the Center of the Earth" is a fast-paced, energetic, and visually impressive adventure film, even though that is pretty much what it is.
jamrcla
½ June 4, 2016
I didn't expect much from this film and that's what I got, The story was pretty fun but what let it down was the very poor visuals and silly predictable rushed script, Also I watched the 2D version and the over use of the 3D just feels weird but I bet in 3D it would of been good, The acting was poor, Maybe if the film was an animation it would of been more acceptable with older audience members.
June 3, 2016
i really like, the music great, the CGI is good and i'm gonna give it a: B+
May 27, 2016
Fun and entertaining to watch, despite the story being okay, and the acting being terrible.
April 1, 2016
Stupid story with a stupid cast. The film seems very rushed, it goes from one event to the next, each one accurately predicted by one of the characters literally seconds before it happens. Jules Verne would turn in his grave.
March 15, 2016
Great kids' movie, full of thrills & spills. Far better than some of the more hyped recent adventure movies.
January 31, 2016
A fun, adventurous atmospherically-thrill ride in modern terms with well-handled tackling and decent performances to support the energy. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
January 23, 2016
Interesting the first time
January 12, 2016
Journey to the Center of the Earth is a movie that passes the time with a few fun hours of fun action and pretty good visual effects.
January 8, 2016
It's a Disneyland ride under the earth! That's it!
December 4, 2015
The special effects are a bit naff, and the film's quite cheesey, but it's entertaining enough as a distraction.
½ November 7, 2015
I saw it the first time in 3D and it was amazing cause it was my first 3D movie..now that I saw it recently know that without the 3D lost almost all itīs magic
½ October 30, 2015
Interesting movie with Brendan Fraser going to the centre of the earth. As if the Jules Verne book was real!
½ October 1, 2015
Absolute fucking drivel.
August 26, 2015
I haven't seen this since 7th grade science class, so the 7th grade me thought that this movie wasn't horrible, and wasn't great, but just entertaining enough.
August 14, 2015
fun to watch in 3D but nothing like the mummy movies
July 21, 2015
Rating: 38%
The concept is pretty interesting, but Journey of the Center of the Earth lacks the thrilling visuals and great acting it should have.