Journey to the Center of the Earth Reviews

• Aug 21, 2019

While it has decent acting and having some heartfelt moments, Journey to the Center of the Earth isn't quite as entertaining as its sequel with hit-or-miss visuals and an unoriginal story. Not all that surprising to be honest due to the movie's main gimmick being that it's the first to be presented in Digital 3D. That's right, this movie beat the likes of Up and Avatar to the punch. While they don't intentionally keep waving things in your face to justify 3D, it doesn't have the same visually absorbing feel as later 3D movies. Not bad but I couldn't get invested with either one of the three actors.

• May 30, 2019

Still love the movie to this day

Still love the movie to this day

• Mar 10, 2019

I used to watch this movie a lot as a kid so it was pretty fun to go back and revisit it. It is not as good as I remember though,the cgi was bad for 2008, it was a bit awkward at times,and I dont like it when movies canonically put their source material in the movie. Overall a decent film that could have done better

• Mar 10, 2019

Average, family friendly adventure movie. Not too bad. The characters are a bit corny but what else is to be expected?

• Dec 26, 2018

A run of the mill adventure.But really entertaining,chemistry between the leads is great.Brendan Fraser is really the go to guy for entertaining adventure movies.

• Nov 13, 2018

The best way to enjoy this film is easily with the 3D version. Otherwise, despite a fast pace, some impressive thrills, and a briefly successful emotional scene, this family adventure is as simplified as it can get, resorting to using plenty of stupidity to push aside the implausibilities (both from the original novel and new inventions).

• Nov 08, 2018

It's a decent tune, although the characters could use some work regarding development.

• Aug 28, 2018

I am a huge fan of Verne books so I love it. I am a bit biased.

I am a huge fan of Verne books so I love it. I am a bit biased.

• Aug 02, 2018

Only reason this film doesn't get five stars is because it was a bit unrealistic (to say the least)! But it was an enjoyable film nonetheless, and I'd watch it again.

• Aug 01, 2018

Totally fun family film. The choice to film on location in Iceland ... brilliant. More film makers should take note. Anita Briem makes the film.