Day of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Day of the Dead Reviews

½ May 18, 2017
Nick Cannon very nearly saves this government-conspiracy-makes-people-zombies effort all by his lonesome. Nearly. But in the end ... no.
½ September 29, 2016
There's just far too many zombie movies out there nowadays, so it would take a real showstopper to produce one that stands out from the crowd. I can assure you this isn't that one, and there's really not much different about it at all. Other than starring a Hollywood pin up in its lead role, a cameo from Ving Rhames (who seems to make a habit of popping up in second rate horror movies), and a contribution from Mariah Carey's ex husband, there's no recognisable acting talent to pull off the same old script. A town just gets infested with flesh hungry ravenous humans, that someone gain the ability to clamber all over ceilings in their attempt at devouring the living. Mindless violence at its mediocre best that is as predictable as ever when deciding who will last till the end. I have absolutely no idea what this might be a sequel to as there have been so many remakes and prequels and sequels, that all of them tend to blend into one mass bloodfest nowadays. When someone produces a cutting edge zombie movie that is as original and innovative as 28 days later - then I might start giving it my full attention. Until then, these will just go in one ear and out the other as they help me pass 90 minutes of uncomplicated viewing.
September 4, 2016
Subtracting all of the nuance and political commentary from Romero's original, this straight to video remake (which, confusingly although starring VIng Rhames, is *not* a sequel to Zack Snyder's Dawn remake) is a bit naff and not really worth bothering with. The gore effects are sometimes good, but very little else is, and Mena Suvari deserves better.
September 3, 2016
This doesn't deserve a star rating. Jesus fucking christ.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Bad remake, Had some gory deaths but it was silly and a big let down.
May 30, 2016
Good cast, poor script and cruddy graphics the fires look like they were made in Microsoft Art. I did like the zombies they were fast, worked well together and had more brain function than your normal walkers.
November 29, 2015
Day of the Dead had a clichà (C)d story and characters, additionally characters were seemingly cheesy and lacked interest.
The story however had potential, the driven narrative had begun hopeful but seemed to have steered towards blandness in the end with half the group alive and well (again clichà (C)d). Even though i've not seen the original version done by the horror master George A. Romero, I can instantly tell the original one would be much better.
October 20, 2015
Here is what happens when a third-rate director remakes a George Romero zombie film: he subtracts any social-political subtext and throws in cheap scares, stupid dialogue, cute but lame actors and, worse, a vegetarian zombie in love.
½ September 25, 2015
This zombie flick is particularly unentertaining while being unfaithful to the original. It does however, feature zombie spider-men hopping and crawling around.
August 25, 2015
A pretty loose and pretty dull re-make. The 21st century obsession with Zombies has to end soon, right?...right...?
½ February 13, 2015
Complete garbage compared to the classic with horrible acting and bad character developing.
November 20, 2014
Completely different from the original. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Good as its own movie.
October 18, 2014
INTENSE zombie action film that'll kick your adrenaline rush into high gear and have you bouncing off the walls all night long!
½ August 27, 2014
This movie is dreadful just a god awful film with no brains at all. the story is boring and the director of this movie did Halloween H20 so I knew this movie is not going to be good.
August 7, 2014
Not really a fav for me
June 16, 2014
Another good zombie remake, very overlooked and underrated i don't know why it wasnt released in theaters. It has an insane amount of awesome action but DOES NOT leave out a good story explaining a lot.
½ May 21, 2014
A completely average affair, but substantially better than I was expecting... Frankly, this was only a loose remake of the original film that kept some story elements and tones from the original such as zombie humanization and military action! That aside, the movie presented some god awful characters and some over the top zombie action... However, I was never bored when watching!
March 8, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed this one of the better zombie films I've seen!
½ February 12, 2014
One of the worst remakes ever