The Midnight Meat Train - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Midnight Meat Train Reviews

½ January 8, 2017
All great actors just horrible movie. The writer and possibly the director need to seriously give up.
Half a star awarded for somehow pulling in the vast they did.
Horrible movie
January 5, 2017
A great horror movie! It's pretty twisted, but the ending was pretty awesome.
½ December 22, 2016
dark brutal serial killer pic
October 30, 2016
The best Clive Baker film adaptation that wasn't directed by Barker himself (he did produce this film). Director Ryűhei Kitamura bring a great deal of style to this adaptation of Barker's short story about a photographer who investigates a series of brutal killings on NYC subway trains. Vinnie Jones is very menacing as the business suited killer, but the real star of the film is director Kitamura, who's look and style he brings to the film makes this one a winner. Kitamura is not as over-the-top as he was in her breakout film "Versus" or his Godzilla film. He's more restrained here, but his elegant and also visceral style is perfectly suited to Clive Barker's sensibilities. Compared to films that Barker has directed, this film shares a beauty to it's violence, but it's not quite as painterly of a style as Barker's films. Kitamura is more of a cinema-guy, but that's not a bad thing, it's just different and I think it worked quite well.
½ October 2, 2016
It's absolute garbage in absolutely every way you can imagine, and not even an enjoyable or laughable bad. It's just excessively dull in every way.
October 2, 2016
A personal favorite of mine, probably my favorite Vinnie Jones flick. He is so menacing in this, as he is in most of his films lol. The gorey factor is through the roof in this. It takes a weird twist at the end that could turn some people off but the end result I absolutely love. In my humble opinion, its a hidden gem in horror and classic. Love it
September 18, 2016
Sitting in the theater watching this movie I was suprised. I didn't come in expecting much was treated to a well made horror flick. I like it all the way up to the ending, that part I didn't care for at all. But hard to dislike a movie after liking it thru the first 95% of it. Great effort to all who made this movie
September 17, 2016
this looks really good
September 7, 2016
From the director of the zombie/samurai classic Versus, The Midnight Meat Train is a stylishly brutal little horror film based upon a story by Clive Barker. Featuring ample character development and psyhological as well as physical horror, Kitamura's film is a twisted little jaunt that blends the paranoid with the body horror genres in a way that is simultaneously disturbing and delightful. Having seen The Hangover, it's entertaining to see Bradley Cooper in such a visceral role. The Midnight Meat Train may seem slow and disappointing during the first half but its second half and ending pack a horror whallop that you will not soon forget.
August 22, 2016
What starts as a suspenseful, engaging thriller head dives into a barrel of monkeys with its third act. While the protagonist turns antagonist plot twist could, on the surface, set the stage for sequel opportunities, i'd be pressed to find reason to watch more of the same and moreover, this is not a film I'd watch again.
April 9, 2016
A mysterious thriller with a bizarre twist. The effects were cheesy sometimes, but it was undoubtedly gruesome. For a horror movie it wasn't bad. (First and only viewing - 4/3/2016)
½ March 31, 2016
Easily the best adaptation of Barker's story since Hellraiser, Midnight Meat Train combined the talent of Cooper with director Kitamura to create a truly scary experience. The violence was rather campy in the film, the CGI was also excessive, but there were some truly amazing camera-works rarely seen in films these days to balance the short comings.
½ February 20, 2016
I don't want to ride on this meat wagon.
½ December 26, 2015
Some solid performances highlight this at time highly uneven and brutally violent and gory ride into the mind and soul of Clive Barker. The major problem that I had with this film is its confused narrative which take us all over the place right up to its twisted, surprise ending. I think it may be one of the goriest films I've seen in some time.
December 17, 2015
Very cool story and ending. Bad job of explaining it throughout. It's like mystery/crime for 90 mins and then Sci Fi for 10 mins
November 28, 2015
Clive Barker has a disturbing sense of creativity. I have not read the short story, but this adaptation is bloody, gory and entertaining. I was not expecting the twist though the movie did give some hints. Cooper and Bibb were very effective, but Vinnie Jones' performance makes your skin crawl. I was pleasantly surprised.
½ November 19, 2015
IT WAS SO CLOSE!!! I could put up with the bad acting and since it gave a feel of Se7en and American Psycho I was very interested in it however the ending is just so ridiculous and far fetched it ruins the movie. Kind of like Insidious did. Now its probably cause as I was watching it was comparing it two those two epic movies that may cause me to hate this none the less... 1.5
November 1, 2015
A gory decent horror flick.
October 26, 2015
Ehh. Just read the excellent short story instead.
October 4, 2015
i would give this a 3.75. weird that bradley cooper is the lead. totally forgot about him being in it. a completely fine horror film that got killed by its studio. one really awful sex scene. good acting generally. nice building dread. stylish and simple. some silly fx, but they made me giggle and that's okay for horror.