The Midnight Meat Train - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Midnight Meat Train Reviews

April 4, 2017
Bloody, brutal, with a fun twist ending. An almost near perfect horror film
½ April 2, 2017
I've definitely seen way worse, but this was still a shitty movie. It was pretty silly at the end too. It had more potential at first, maybe.
March 31, 2017
A surprisingly well made mystery-horror that delivers on the gore implied by the title, with a thrilling plot and a satisfying twist of a conclusion. The quality filming, the unique story, and the solid acting makes "The Midnight Meat Train" an unforgettable horror flick.
March 2, 2017
Extremely graphic slasher / gore movie written by Clive Barker. Great cast with Bradley Cooper, Leslie Bibb, Brooke Shields & former soccer star Vinnie Jones that has an interesting premise with a totally bizarre ending. Have to say I didn't see that coming...
½ February 19, 2017
Abysmal. Abysmal. Abysmal. No plot. Makes no sense. I have no idea why such good reviews for this. Awful film and pointless gore is usually good sign that the film has no genuine plot. Do not watch! Half a star given as doesn't deserve anymore.
January 16, 2017
Very unexpectedly entertaining. Really great horror/mystery. I liked Bradley Cooper in this as well.
January 15, 2017
It was ok, the movie itself isn't specially good until the end is revealed.
½ January 8, 2017
3.5/5. While the script isn't great, the acting, cinematography, and gore are all top notch. It's equally disgusting and entertaining. It will make you say WTF more than once.
½ January 8, 2017
All great actors just horrible movie. The writer and possibly the director need to seriously give up.
Half a star awarded for somehow pulling in the vast they did.
Horrible movie
January 5, 2017
A great horror movie! It's pretty twisted, but the ending was pretty awesome.
½ December 22, 2016
dark brutal serial killer pic
October 30, 2016
The best Clive Baker film adaptation that wasn't directed by Barker himself (he did produce this film). Director Ryhei Kitamura bring a great deal of style to this adaptation of Barker's short story about a photographer who investigates a series of brutal killings on NYC subway trains. Vinnie Jones is very menacing as the business suited killer, but the real star of the film is director Kitamura, who's look and style he brings to the film makes this one a winner. Kitamura is not as over-the-top as he was in her breakout film "Versus" or his Godzilla film. He's more restrained here, but his elegant and also visceral style is perfectly suited to Clive Barker's sensibilities. Compared to films that Barker has directed, this film shares a beauty to it's violence, but it's not quite as painterly of a style as Barker's films. Kitamura is more of a cinema-guy, but that's not a bad thing, it's just different and I think it worked quite well.
½ October 2, 2016
It's absolute garbage in absolutely every way you can imagine, and not even an enjoyable or laughable bad. It's just excessively dull in every way.
October 2, 2016
A personal favorite of mine, probably my favorite Vinnie Jones flick. He is so menacing in this, as he is in most of his films lol. The gorey factor is through the roof in this. It takes a weird twist at the end that could turn some people off but the end result I absolutely love. In my humble opinion, its a hidden gem in horror and classic. Love it
September 18, 2016
Sitting in the theater watching this movie I was suprised. I didn't come in expecting much was treated to a well made horror flick. I like it all the way up to the ending, that part I didn't care for at all. But hard to dislike a movie after liking it thru the first 95% of it. Great effort to all who made this movie
September 17, 2016
this looks really good
September 7, 2016
From the director of the zombie/samurai classic Versus, The Midnight Meat Train is a stylishly brutal little horror film based upon a story by Clive Barker. Featuring ample character development and psyhological as well as physical horror, Kitamura's film is a twisted little jaunt that blends the paranoid with the body horror genres in a way that is simultaneously disturbing and delightful. Having seen The Hangover, it's entertaining to see Bradley Cooper in such a visceral role. The Midnight Meat Train may seem slow and disappointing during the first half but its second half and ending pack a horror whallop that you will not soon forget.
August 22, 2016
What starts as a suspenseful, engaging thriller head dives into a barrel of monkeys with its third act. While the protagonist turns antagonist plot twist could, on the surface, set the stage for sequel opportunities, i'd be pressed to find reason to watch more of the same and moreover, this is not a film I'd watch again.
April 9, 2016
A mysterious thriller with a bizarre twist. The effects were cheesy sometimes, but it was undoubtedly gruesome. For a horror movie it wasn't bad. (First and only viewing - 4/3/2016)
½ March 31, 2016
Easily the best adaptation of Barker's story since Hellraiser, Midnight Meat Train combined the talent of Cooper with director Kitamura to create a truly scary experience. The violence was rather campy in the film, the CGI was also excessive, but there were some truly amazing camera-works rarely seen in films these days to balance the short comings.