The Lucky Ones - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lucky Ones Reviews

August 24, 2012
light and relevant road comedy movie dealing with the difficulties faced by the Veterans coming home. This topic is never handled in a funny way by the director, but rather with full admiration, so that an happy ending is almost desirable, but the actual ending is kinda poor and it made me knit my brows.
August 2, 2012
i love rachel but i was kinda bored with this one
½ July 10, 2012
Loved it. A must see. :-)
½ June 12, 2012
Couldn't really get into this pretty standard road-trip, returning-from-war drama. The episodic nature doesn't really help things, but neither does an unconvincing performance from Rachel McAdams, and a bored-looking Tim Robbins.
May 30, 2012
surprisingly, i'm into these kind of dramas. the actors were really good too.
May 9, 2012
I'm a Tim Robbins fan anyway, but the rest of the cast was great too. I enjoyed this movie.
May 8, 2012
Holy contrived Batman.
½ April 25, 2012
Yet another movie where War Veterns are trying to find themselves...good performance by Tim Robbins, but I don't buy Rachel McAdams's character one can one person be so fucking naive.
½ April 16, 2012
Left me wanting more..
½ February 23, 2012
thought that this would be a movie about ptsd & reverse culture shock, but it ended up being a pretty good black comedy about the very real challenges of the enlisted back on home ground, when their spider-silk-thin grounding is tested to its limits.
½ February 23, 2012
rather peppered with contrived situations, but i felt the riot of their emotional roller-coasters and empathy for their struggles.
½ January 8, 2012
Splendid, astonishing performances by the 3 lead actors. Well-told story.
January 4, 2012
Nice movie about 3 people coming home after serving in Iraq. Road trip of a movie and at the end the find themselves back in Iraq. Great cast!
December 21, 2011
haven't finished it yet but it looks good
December 10, 2011
recommended by mrpopcorn.
½ December 6, 2011
The public's ahead of the critics on this one. This is a good movie. I think some fall releases get dumped on because they aren't Oscar-worthy, so they get dismissed the way this one did, but it's a fine movie in its own right with sharp performances by three likeable leads.
December 3, 2011
Good idea (war vs money, family vs friendship) and awesome actor Rachel McAdams.
November 7, 2011
How sad that this wonderful movie should have received such a panning by the critics. This is a really good "road trip" movie and some of the best characterisations I've seen in ages and I didn't want it to end. Rachel McAdams definitely walks away with honours in her role as Colee. Don't believe the critics, this is a very underrated movie!
October 26, 2011
bittersweet. It was 90+% drama, very little Iraq.
July 17, 2011
weird movie, not much good plot, dont even see the point of this movie lol. had one good scene.