Piccadilly Jim - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Piccadilly Jim Reviews

August 12, 2013
2/5 Horrible, corny mess that could be fun if you were in the mood maybe.
January 24, 2012
I found this film delightful.Over the Top Costumes & Hair, everything bigger than life made this a visual experience that I can & will watch again & again cause it just tickled me pink.The Story wasn't as strong as the visuals, but I loved it.
January 17, 2012
I loved this movie. It was funny, lighthearted, like the old Nick and Nora Jones movies, (but not chauvinistic) and romantic. I thought if was a lot of fun to watch with cool clothes and characters. I have a corny sense of humor though, so if you don't it may not be for you.
September 11, 2011
skip this version and check out the vastly superior 1936 version.
August 21, 2011
Hilariously inept. Bad screenplay, uninspired direction, terrible acting.
½ August 4, 2011
It's cute, but Sam Rockwell ain't Robert Montgomery, Frances O'Conner ain't Madge Evans, and the script doesn't do justice to Wodehouse's wit and humor.
June 19, 2011
classic romp in vain of Imposters.
May 17, 2011
Great cast. Lots of tongue in cheek dialogue. Costumes and setting are beautiful. Just fun.
½ April 2, 2011
I think I might just change my hairstyle :)
April 1, 2011
So many twist and turns i loved it
February 20, 2011
Absolutely love this one.
½ January 31, 2011
I have always adored period - set films, and furthermore have always adored the comedic talents of Sam Rockwell. A wondrous adaptation of the classic novel.
July 9, 2010
Quite an amusing adaptation of P.G. Wodehouse's comic novel. All the characters are refreshingly and somewhat annoyingly mad. :D
April 23, 2010
OK, watch it if you are bored and nothing else to do.
½ November 19, 2009
Sam Rockwell and Tom Wilkinson are fantastic, but the film is a mess.
September 5, 2009
Sam Rockwell is a very stiff actor and Frances O'Connor and her face annoy me so no thank you.
October 18, 2008
Quiet good, not so bad, worth seeing...
September 5, 2008
All the supporting actors were more talented than the leads. Frances O'Connor is just.... bad.
The story is okay, i guess. Keep asking myself how this could be set in the 30's when a lot of details remind me of other eras.
August 25, 2008
Sam Rockwell is adorable. One thing that disturbed me though was that Tainted Love was performed by some lady in the pub. Tainted Love was written in 1964... And this movie is set in the 1930's. Doh...