Birds of America - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Birds of America Reviews

May 16, 2016
Nothing too impressive.
February 21, 2015
Liked this a lot. Very understated and moves slowly, but effective portrayal of a dysfunctional family with an outstanding cast. Will not be to all tastes, but I enjoyed it.

Rewatched 23/2/15
I have downgraded this a star. I definitely enjoyed it less second time around, although it's not a bad movie.
Kind of off putting watching the brother walk around with his bloodied bandage all the movie. Surely he would have been given a clean one on leaving the hospital.
Also, much as I like Lauren graham, her character annoyed me this time. So sick of women like that in movies.
Ditto Hilary Swank,though the ending was mildly amusing.
I don't know. It was okay but won't watch a third time.
½ September 21, 2014
Some Truly 'One Of A Kind' Moments To Be Found Here. Don't Go In Expecting Much & It Gazump's You With The Surprised Aspect Of Kookiness That Works On The Twisted Side Of Humor We All Have.
January 22, 2014
Kind of interesting but not all that entertaining.
½ September 24, 2013
Boring, only watched a bit of it.
September 21, 2013
It has a decent message and a strong cast but everything else is lackluster.
September 2, 2013
I should know better than to watch any movie with Matthew Perry in it. I made the mistake of suffering through this one because I cared how the story turned out for these three dysfunctional characters and it was a complete waste of my time.
June 30, 2013
A good cast, with Perry really shining but its a s ow one and not alot happens. Ben foster was also good. File under so-so
½ March 28, 2013
at first it felt a little boring... but then i wonder how it ends..
beautiful screenplay..
½ December 31, 2012
12/31/2012: Only watched 20 min. Pretty dull and not the least bit funny. Great cast, but huge disappointment.
½ May 4, 2012
Failing in being comedy, failing miserably in being a drama, this movie is desperately searching for a reason why it has been made and fails badly also in that task.
½ March 25, 2012
What an absolute joy!
February 28, 2012
I liked it, I thought it was funny and quirky. Here in Canada its called "Laws of Motion" doh. I think that title suits it better.
December 11, 2011
One of those interesting indie films, with a stellar cast. This movie is essentially about being yourself, and not accepting anybody trying to change who you are, no matter how strange a person you may be! Overall, this was ok, with a more dry homour than laugh out loud funny. I could take it or leave it.
December 11, 2011
One of those interesting indie films, with a stellar cast. This movie is essentially about being yourself, and not accepting anybody trying to change who you are, no matter how strange a person you may be! Overall, this was ok, with a more dry humour than laugh out loud funny. I could take it or leave it.
December 8, 2011
Another notable addition to the dysfunctional family movie sub genre, made to stand out in a crowd of similar movies by knock out performances from Matthew Perry and Ben Foster. By turns touching, hilarious, exasperating, offensive and at the end rewarding, just like a human life is meant to be. However, the story needs time to grow on the viewer, so audience with short attention span will only be frustrated.
½ December 6, 2011
Non c' nulla di geniale in un film che racconta come un po' di pazzia faccia bene nella vita, ma allo stesso modo, non c' nemmeno nulla di banale in un film che ce lo ricorda di tanto in tanto...
December 5, 2011
fantastic film. very intriguing. the film is unusual but excellent. Perry and the rest of the cast shine.
December 4, 2011
Don't know what I was thinking when I rented this movie. I thought that because Matthew Perry was in it that it would be a good movie. The lesson learned is that just because a movie has an actor you like, doesn't mean it's going to be a good movie. This movie proved that.