Laaga Chunari Mein Daag - Journey of a Woman Reviews

• May 11, 2013

Great movie!!!! The characters pulled me in and I laughed with them and cried with them. Totally entertaining movie. It is over two hours which is typical of an Indian Movie and there is not as much singing and dancing. Usually it annoys me but this movie made it fun and so colorful. Great movie to watch for your next Valentine's Day. This one is becoming a part of my permanent collection!

• Mar 11, 2013

best storyline I've come across so far.

best storyline I've come across so far.

• Oct 22, 2012

Watched this late last night.....love Indian films with dancing!!! Tells a great story about the love of family...and what lengths we would go to for them.

• Feb 25, 2012

Rani Mukherjee was excellent in this film so was Jaya Bach Bachchan I love her acting

• Feb 07, 2012

Cried my ass to sleep lol so YES it was good!

Cried my ass to sleep lol so YES it was good!

• Jan 15, 2011

Laaga Chunari Mein Daag - Journey of a Woman (2007)

Laaga Chunari Mein Daag - Journey of a Woman (2007)

• Nov 23, 2010

• Oct 31, 2010

woooooooooooooooow!! Konkona Sen Sharma and Rani Mukherjee in one film!!... i love it :)

• Aug 10, 2010

it was an excellent movie. As corny and joyful as anything you'd see on Turner Classic Movies. Great cast- Rani Mukherjee, Jaya Bachchan, Konkona Sen Sharma, Anupam Kher, Abhishek Bachchan, and Kunal Kapoor. Great performance by Hema Malini. Definitely worthy! This is, by far, one of the most remarkable drama that has moved me instantly to tears. Here is a movie that follows and reflects a bit upon the social injustice of women, and slightly marks upon how cruel circumstances can become when a woman has to take make an ultimate decision between morality and dignity of self and basic human necessities for others, in particular family. This movie reflects one woman?s journey from exiting childhood and entering adulthood. One that brings responsibilities, duties, sacrifices, and innocence loss at a great cost, and Vibhavari Sahay had to make that decision all alone without completely losing herself in the process. As her family endures hardships one right after another, Vibhavari had to enact as the ?worthy son? her parents never had and assume all financial controls of the family situations: providing for her younger sister?s education, paying for her father?s medical bills, upholding the repairs in the family home, and the legal expenses within a family dispute between her father and a lost elder son whom believes the home is rightfully his. Vibhavari decides to travel to Mumbai for work, so that she can uphold her promise to her parents. As she leaves home without the support of her father, she spends each day trying to obtain a job with good pay and a home to return to each night. As all else fails, she is presented with a choice that will change her forever and further separate herself from family, values, and home. In her acceptance of this choice, she pays the ultimate price and decides that her path in life will not be that of which she has always dreamed about. Her harsh reality is that of being the financial provider to her family, upholding her strong security as a woman, and that of being true to herself when others can be cruel. In the process, she learns that she is still a person to be loved and cherished, and still a daughter and a sister (regardless) as well as a woman worthy for happy marriage.

• Apr 02, 2010

givin it a 4 star cuz of the amzin acting done by the bong trio !!!

givin it a 4 star cuz of the amzin acting done by the bong trio !!!