O Jerusalem - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

O Jerusalem Reviews

July 4, 2016
The beautiful and inspiring story of two friends, as the mean to explore and portray one of the world most problematic social conflicts.
Truly deserves to be watched.
February 13, 2014
Good for the importance of the historical moment it is talking about. The story is also emotive, although it is clear it has been created to use as an example of the circumstances, not as a realistic one.
½ July 23, 2013
Decent movie. Nothing spectacular, though...
October 22, 2011
Not as good as I thought it was going to be. However, it does have a great message.
August 24, 2011
A very moving film that includes actual historical footage. It made a historical event I was impartial to mean something, and I think that's the point of a movie like this.
iLeo
½ July 26, 2010
An interesting depiction based upon the book (also titled 'O Jerusalem') that centralizes upon events that led to the rise of the statehood of Israel. Great cast- Said Taghmaoui, J.J. Field, Mel Raido, Maria Papas, Patrick Bruel, and Ian Holm. Worthy!
July 2, 2010
Muy malo tendría que ser un cineasta para estropear con una película que se basó en un texto del autor de "Más grandes que el amor", Dominique Lapierre, y de Larry Collins (de quien no he leído nada aún, y a quien está dedicada esta película).
Es una forma bonita de entender cómo explotó el conficto palestino-israelí, porque en el fondo es un mensaje de paz.
¡Ahora me quiero comprar el libro!
Otro incentivo de esta película: el actor que hace del personaje principal judío es, a mi juicio (si es que se puede decir que lo tengo) de muy buen ver, jeje :D
½ August 8, 2009
Deludente. Documentaristico.
June 6, 2009
You killed my uncle! *dramatic music* My -uncle-! *dramatic music* Nooooooo!

...uh.. Yeah. They're going for melodrama but for me the whole thing fell flat, the characters were mechanical stereotypes. The historical framework is interesting and well-executed, but the film itself is pretty boring.
January 31, 2009
i thought it was really well made
and real film
½ December 22, 2008
Really ambitious movie that presents an interesting introduction to this never ending war. I really liked how it told the story from both sides, and while I can't vouch for its accuracy it is a really enjoyable and thought provoking.
November 19, 2008
Me gustan las pelis histOricas, aunque Esta tiene su partes flojas, esta bien.
½ August 21, 2008
I like how this movie shows the absurd causes of all wars. But perhaps the plot is forced and predicting.
July 30, 2008
Actuaciones horribles, historia sosa (que encima va de profunda) y actuaciones horribles (sí, lo repito, imaginaros cómo son de horribles)

Aburrimiento asegurado
½ July 5, 2008
very bad movie. It's better only read the great book of dominique lapierre and larry collins.
½ May 25, 2008
A good movie about the origin of the never ending conflict between Arabs and Israel...Worth watching!
April 27, 2008
A ne manquer sous aucun prétexte ? pourquoi se faire la guerre ? c'est totalement hypocrite !
March 9, 2008
awesome! presque objectif des 2 points de vue...une histoire damour disons entre 2 peuples dechirees par la guerre
January 25, 2008
Too Hollywoodified to be good, but not too Hollywoodified to be useful. Thankfully, it's shot well enough, and the star looks like Jude Law from some angles.