The Zombie Diaries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Zombie Diaries Reviews

October 20, 2016
Not too terrible if you use the fast forward liberally.
March 11, 2015
I haven't been this disappointed in a while. There are hardly any zombies in this movie, the characters aren't likable or even realistically performed. This movie was a huge waste.
½ December 11, 2013
Interesting for Zombie movie lovers but Part 2 is better (DVD)
½ September 29, 2013
Basically, Blair Witch with zombies ("yawn").
June 9, 2013
A must see for Romero fans. But if you're not a fan of Romero and the genre, this documentary style movie might not be for you.
May 28, 2013
Add a Review (Optional)
½ May 23, 2013
May 6, 2013
DVD cover is extremely deceiving. Otherwise it's an okay low budget found footage film. Nothing is memorable about it though. Critic reviewers like The Dark Side who claim "The best zombie film ever" are completely retarded. The best zombie film ever title goes to Romero's Night and Dawn of the Dead.
January 19, 2013
Bland with a weak plot and terrible acting. The zombies are decent, and it works alright for a found footage film but I was never a fan. It's hard to keep up what's going on. It's not entirely bad, but it still could of be worked out better.
½ December 1, 2012
Are you a moron? Are zombies too scary for you, but you enjoy the concept of them? Do you think that screaming "Fuck" a bunch of times is acting? Can you keep track of a video camera with Parkinson's? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you will probably enjoy The Zombie Diaries. If you have a pulse, common sense, good taste, a brain, and aren't easily impressed by a movie that kinda-sorta has zombies wandering around in the background of a couple scenes, you will hate this movie. I promise. The Zombie Diaries might as well be called The Diaries, because the only zombies present in this film kind of shamble through the background before the cameraman has a seizure and everyone starts swearing at each other. I'm not entirely sure of the plot. I don't think there is one. Assholes have a video camera during the zombie apocalypse, and they run around a lot, cussing and arguing. Oh, and along the way they run into Goke the Hairy Rapist, a random creepy guy who is obviously a deranged lunatic. No points for guessing what happens when they let him live. There's a decent concept buried somewhere within The Zombie Diaries: A series of video diaries charting the early days of a zombie apocalypse to the last days of the apocalypse, when the zombies have all but died off from starvation thanks to rampant overpopulation. It'd make a decent miniseries, but this film is so boneheadedly written, insufferably bad, and poorly shot that it's impossible to find a redeemable quality. The cast is composed of never-was actors, and the direction (by Kevin Gates and Michael Bartlett) is routine; characters wander around chatting aimlessly, a zombie peeks into the frame, and all hell breaks loose. I could shoot a better film by throwing a camera into traffic. At least people would be able to understand what the hell was going on. The few promising portions of the film (zombies attack an abandoned store, a chase through an empty town) are quickly undone by shoddy camera work and editing that was apparently done by one of the shambling undead. Honestly, when the title for a movie explicitly promises zombies, the filmmakers at least need to make an effort to show some damn zombies. I understand low-budget horror runs with a limited budget, but this shit is just ridiculous. Under no circumstances, even if your life depends on it, should you subject yourself to The Zombie Diaries. Just stare at a blank screen instead.
November 17, 2012
I can't decide if I really want to see this? There are no previews yet, but it sounds good. Ok it sounds like all zombie movies... Lol
½ November 5, 2012
A garbled mess of a film with what story is presented dissapearing quickly.
½ November 4, 2012
didn't even make it through this one. boooooring.
½ October 30, 2012
terrible plot, made no sense.
½ October 28, 2012
bad story, effects, and confusing as hell...Like I said before, I love zombie films, but good ones are few and far in advise, don't bother, unless you're easily entertained
October 8, 2012
A terrible hand held mockumentary of a Zombie film. Actors were bad, SPX was sub par, writing was terrible, nothing held the camera diary together. Clips were out of place and hard to follow. All around disappointing. I only gave it 1 star because I liked some of the accents and the some of the British slang. That's it. I would not recommend this film in the least.
October 8, 2012
So many problems came with this movie. One was the pricetag, another was that it was just bad. The idea, and premise was very inventive, and original, only everything else ruined it. The acting was alright at times, but from the most part it just wasnt believable.
Locations were one of the highlights of the movie, dead and lifeless city streets, a farm, and my favorite, the woods.
Gore is there, but not much, most gore thats there are cheap effects of blood splurting out of a zombie's shot head, and a character being ripped open and eaten alive.
Some scenes are pretty disturbing and can most likely work with most viewers.
I wasnt really pleased with this movie overall, there is a sequel that im questioning about watching, but i might just go and watch Diary of the Dead, a movie similar to this, but one that was an actual success.
½ September 30, 2012
a god awful zombie movie filmed as a mokumentary. pathetic.
½ September 16, 2012
this is terrible. as far as zombie movies go. this is less than a pile of shit. The last 45 minutes of the movie are them trying to find a rapist. i mean WTF?!