My Sister Eileen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

My Sister Eileen Reviews

½ December 14, 2014
seriously this movie needs more recognition
super hilarious
January 16, 2014
Very delightful movie. The high jinks of the girls in New York is tremendously funny and the surprise cameo is great.
½ June 22, 2012
Better than the musical, I must admit, from the 50's. Rosalind Russell is always a treat.
March 24, 2012
russell really makes this rom-com go
August 24, 2011
My Sister Eileen is a screwball comedy and an enjoyable film. It is about two sisters who move from Ohio to New York in the hopes of building their careers. Rosalind Russell and Janet Blair give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written and witty. Alexander Hall did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the comedy. My Sister Eileen is a must see.
June 4, 2010
really loved the short three stooges appearance and the dancing scene with the portuguese
½ September 8, 2009
Fantastic! Just great. And I finally understand why Brian Aherne was paired with so many stars. . . Cause he was attractive and rather good.
August 15, 2009
Despite the lovely and hard-working Rosalind Russell, most everyone else in this film is rather one-dimensional and I'm afraid it's not the actors who are to blame. The script is all over the place from sobbing melodrama to madcap -- and completely over-the-top -- hysterics. And Rosalind was Oscar nominated for this? Really? For me the least enjoyable in Vol. 1 of Icons of Screwball Comedy. A clever name as I feel really only one film in the set truly succeeds as screwball comedy though they all feature at least one star famous for such work.
jjnxn
August 4, 2009
Roz makes this rollicking good fun. Cute situations and good supporting performances add to the overall quality of this. Make sure you see this and not the very average musical remake from the 50's.
February 21, 2009
Fun old movie for a sick day on the couch.
½ January 18, 2009
Very enjoyably comedy, Rosalind Russell is terrific in a role ideal for her. George Tobias is a musing in a supporting role. Well written. Janet Blair is weak and not up to the rest of the cast.
July 21, 2008
This movie was very funny--I loved all the colorful characters they met while living in that crappy apartment.
½ July 5, 2008
fun. Their apartment which is in most of the scenes is a riot at times literaly.
mwilliams078
July 3, 2008
A classis film starring Rosalind Russell. The film centers are on two sisters from Ohio moving to NYC in 1942. One sister named Eileen the beauty is an aspiring actress and the other Ruth a writer both find a place and have many crazy adventures....check this out!
November 19, 2007
This is a great Rosalind Russell film and one of the few films for Janet Blair. I caught it on TCM a couple of weeks ago.