What Happens in Vegas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Happens in Vegas Reviews

May 8, 2015
Hopelessly formulaic and cliched romantic comedy. Someone needs to come up with a fresh story for this genre. Kutcher is a likable lout and the feminine duo of Diaz and Bell played well together. Not much here, but it isn't a horrible way to pass an evening. What purpose did Zach Galifianakis have in this movie though?
½ April 16, 2015
very funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny
March 4, 2015
I love Ashton and Cameron together. Such great chemistry. Such a funny movie.
February 25, 2015
When a film is titled "What Happens in Vegas" one would assume that the majority of the movie is set it Las Vegas. As for this film, it spends about 13 minutes in Sin City, while the rest of it is set in New York City. This annoyed me early on, as Las Vegas can make even Showgirls seem glamorous. But after awhile I forgot about my feelings and could enjoy the movie.

Joy (Cameron Diaz) and Jack (Ashton Kutcher) are two people who meet in Vegas, get drunk, and get married. They wake up and start disliking each other for reasons unknown. Then Jack hits a $3 million jackpot and the judge orders them to serve 6 months trying to make their marriage work.

Spoiler alert: they fall in love. You see it coming from a mile away. In fact, the entire movie is full of cliches, but that's pretty much the only reason you'll have for hating this movie. If you can see past that you might end up liking it. The charm of the leads and the dialogue make for a painless viewing.

It also helps that the supporting cast includes Rob Corddry, Zach Galifianakis, and an underused Jason Sudeikis.

Despite my initial disappointment, I had a surprisingly good time watching this movie. I just wish they had picked a different title.

Twizard Rating: 82
February 21, 2015
funny but then became touching
February 16, 2015
buen final, aunque Ashton era insoportable en ciertas partes de la peli
½ February 10, 2015
Vegas is the best part of this film, and it only appears for 10 minutes. Utter rubbish.
February 7, 2015
Rachei de rir... Uma das melhores comedias!
½ January 16, 2015
´Cause there is never a bad romantic comedy with Ashton Kutcher and/or Cameron Diaz!!
January 3, 2015
Why didn't somebody blow this set up? What a wasted oppurtunity.
January 3, 2015
Why didn't somebody blow this set up? What a wasted oppurtunity.
½ January 2, 2015
...and I wonder why didn't see it before...
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz in a comedy romance movie. Both have made similar movies before and therefore i knew it could be fun to watch. A pretty decent story along with funny moments. These romance movies are usually much the same and ends in a common way aswell. But that doesn't matter , they are always warmly welcomed. Enjoy
½ December 7, 2014
I enjoyed this movie even though I am not a Diaz fan.
November 9, 2014
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN? Made me never want to go on a movie date again
October 20, 2014
Absoloute pants, i only laughed once when Ashtons character was explaining his black eye. Such a poor film, i was looking forward 2 seeing this but wasted my time watching it, total pants!
½ October 2, 2014
funny but boring in places
September 12, 2014
Such a funny beautiful movie! Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz are just so hilarious together!
September 11, 2014
They handpicked two of the most annoying (and terrible) actors to play these unbelievably detestable characters, in a loathsome romcom that panders to the lowest common denominator with a ludicrous premise and a heap of clichés from the first scene to the last.