Appaloosa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Appaloosa Reviews

November 29, 2016
I liked this a lot. Definitely see it.
½ July 12, 2016
I've never written a review of a movie before, but I feel like shooting the director of this giant piece of shit in the foot with a colt 45 and leaving him out in the desert with nothing but a can of oil. Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.
October 25, 2015
Undoubtedly the most boring Western I've ever sat through, Appaloosa is completely undeserving to even be mentioned in the same breath as films like Tombstone or 3:10 to Yuma. While it does feature some impressive landscape shots, and the very rare action scenes are a nice relief, the film is almost completely devoid of life. It may as well be retitled 'Harris & Mortensen: The Movie', for that's what we mostly get. Renée Zellweger plays one of the most annoying and useless female characters in recent memory, and her involvement means the films is padded with tedious scenes of sappy, superfluous romantic discourse. Throw in a confused performance from Jeremy Irons, a plot with no energy and a story with no direction, and you get a film too insufferable to sit though even once.
October 7, 2015
Not really fond of Wild Wild West story.
½ August 6, 2015
120825: Always enjoy a Western, and especially enjoy a modern one with high production values, but this one, even on second viewing, left me a little bit wanting. Can't put my finger on it. Really. Just wasn't totally convincing, or perhaps it just didn't set anynew ground. Always good to see Henriksen again.
July 30, 2015
I am a big fan of westerns and I love 3:10 to Yuma and westerns like that but this movie had about as much action as a princess movie and has as much blood as one too. The love triangle was stupid but the only thing good about the film was the chemistry between Viggo Mortenson and Ed Harris. I love both actors but this western does not deserve a lot of praise.
July 20, 2015
I liked this movie for the performance, but the story itself, Renée Zellweger and the beginning and endding credits soundtrack were awful. Without talking about the ending that was really weird (the character shouldn't have say anything it would be best)
½ June 7, 2015
This movie is shit. the plot has serious holes, the characters have no reason for what they do. it's stupid and ridiculous that any of you fucking so called critics can say it's a good film
½ May 5, 2015
After the first half hour I was thinking about stop watching. It was too slow for me and felt pretty empty, but after a while I grew to love Virgil (Ed Harris) and Everett (Viggo Mortensen) and their friendship. The movie itself overall looked gorgeous.
½ March 28, 2015
i loved it but i never hated renee zillwiger " and yes i km now i butcherd her name". more than anyother movies. played that role great. great western. you have to see it. well produced and great actors... it was a hard movie.. suggest u watch.
March 16, 2015
Stupendous. Appaloosa is everything I want in a modern Western. Great casting, historical accuracy, and a complex story that is splendidly clever and thrilling.
March 10, 2015
Good modern western movie. It has a good cast, who preform well and look like typical badass cowboys, making every scene with them enjoyable. The main downfall of this film is how it is kinda drawn out, pointless scenes go way longer than they should, with nothing being accomplished. I am a fan of longer movies, with their added depth and all, but this movie doesn't need to be longer, and dragging stuff out is a bad idea. The love story added in is ok, but takes up too much of the focus, and we don't see the bad guys enough. Cinematography is mostly good, script is too. We need to see more scenes like the shootouts in the bar and at the jail though. They happen so fast, yet are so great and exciting to watch, and although their accuracy is exaggerated, I feel like it's better with the gunfights being quick and well done. The ending is good, swift, and ties up most loose ends, except we don't know what happens to Randells crew of bandits, it would have made more sense had their retaliated to his death. Overall good enjoyable western movie, there's plants of good classics in this genre, but it's nice to see some new ones.
½ March 1, 2015
One of the better westerns I have seen. Viggo and Harris work well together, and there is a swagger in both the heroes and villains that is awesome.
½ February 17, 2015
I think Ms. Zellweger was miscast.
January 24, 2015
Interesting change of pace for a western. Viggo Mortenson and Ed Harris make a good team. This is a good buddy movie complicated by a two-timing woman. Renà (C)e Zelwegger has changed. I didn't recognize her at first.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A good western movie time to time are always a pleasure to watch. They don't make many western at all these days and luckly they have been good like this flick. Just the actor list made me curious enough to grabbed my hands of this one. Ed Harris , Viggo M , Renée Z and Jeremy Irons. The story was pretty decent and quite simple to follow. Not quite an action packed western but still some nice gunfights. Anyway i can highly recommend this for any western fan and you will most certainly be pleased.
½ November 3, 2014
It is a distinctive western that bases its success on a prudent direction and a well chosen cast.
October 20, 2014
If you disregard sequels, science fiction and Sylvester Stallone movies this is the worst movie of all time.
August 23, 2014
The sub plot distracts the main plot and it's senseless.