Sisters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sisters Reviews

February 23, 2014
How does this have only a rating of 13% but exclusively positive reviews?? I'll look into it.

[Interested: cannot find.]
December 7, 2012
N/A
½ December 2, 2011
This remake of the 70's Brian De Palma's classic (which I have yet to see) has got to be one of the best surprises I've seen in a while. I went into this film not really knowing what genre it fit into and assumed it was a drama mystery on the plot of a 'different' kind of twins.

Go into this film knowing just this and you may love this creepy and engaging experience. Everything works quite well here. This is one of the better films from 2006.
½ November 8, 2011
When I heard this was going to be remade, I was very angry because I am a huge fan of the original. As remakes go, this one didn't have the budget of the big Hollywood remakes, which I think works in its favour, but it still seemed unnecessary because it was basically the same as the original. I had heard that it was a new interpretation of the story, but it wasn't really.
October 10, 2011
A convoluted redux of a classic De Palma film. The first hour is able to hold its own through the clever use of suspense (albeit slow), but during the last thirty minutes the film takes a cliche and unexpected twist that doesn't make sense NOR fit with the first hour of the film. This technique is okay, IF the writer or director would have explained it better, but it seems the film is missing a piece that connects the psychological trauma beyond the surface of the skin.
½ July 20, 2011
f'd up movie but entertaining.
May 12, 2011
Nobody payed attention to this remake of De Palmas original movie with the same title, but I happen to think this was at least as good as the original movie if not better.

I agree with most that the ending although shocking but didn't make much sense, what would completely change who the reporter was?... I don't know, maybe we should ask Buck :)
January 24, 2011
Looks terrible, sounds terrific.
December 6, 2010
This was interesting until the last 20 minutes, which made absolutely no sense.
½ August 5, 2010
Disappointing. The cast didn't feel right. Can't even compare to the original.
½ December 28, 2009
Seems to be a low cost thingy.
Some of the actors sucked so hard they ruined the entire movie.
½ December 18, 2009
What else is new: nothing new in this movie, dull performances, dull plot and an end, which I cannot understand.
December 6, 2009
Strange f***in' film!
½ November 29, 2009
Skum standardthriller..
½ November 25, 2009
Halpis, Ok alku sitten tylsaa. Hamaran hyvia nayttelioita tuhlaamassa aikaansa.
October 17, 2009
Starts off well. Then the yawning plot holes open up beneath everyone's feet, and they try to tie everything off with some gratuitous strangeness.
July 13, 2009
I have never seen the original and if tis anything like this shit then I don't want to but I'm sure it ain't this bad as not much is. Sevingy's career has nose dived since giving head in The Brown Bunny which issa shame as she showed so much promise in Kids and Boys Don't Cry
½ July 5, 2009
The most awful, useless movie I`ve ever had the misfortune to watch. Not the least bit scary, plot is ridiculous and you can see every twist coming. You can see everyone trying their best but the acting is terrible, as is the dialogue.

The half star is for an OK trailer.
March 7, 2009
never seen the movie
i might watch the movie with my dad
he likes psychological movies
to a interesting point of view
sounds like a good movie
½ January 10, 2009
I liked this up until the last ten minutes or so. Good, creepy suspense film, both actresses are great in their roles. Then it takes a very confusing twist and I'm not at all sure exactly what they were getting at with it, but anyhow... I will have to check out the original version of this movie for sure and see if that makes more sense!