Meet Bill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meet Bill Reviews

August 27, 2016
This film was a pleasant surprise as it was genuinely sweet and funny. The 3 stars are for Aaron Eckhart. However, Elizabeth banks character needed more character development as did Jessica Alba's Lucy; I'm still not sure what her purpose was.
July 8, 2016
This movie gets better with each viewing. I loved it.
½ December 22, 2015
Rather likeable comedy drama with Eckhart and Logan as a great twosome. Alba is rather wet and dull but I couldn't get enough of the father and son relationship of the elders. Eckhart mentors Logan but as the film progresses you clearly see its all the other way around
½ September 18, 2015
A pretty stupid mess overall but there were quite a few amusing moments and it was entertaining enough to get through at least. Elizabeth Banks and Jessica Alba provided some nice eye candy and Aaron Eckhart performed reasonably but still a film really not worth seeing.
½ April 25, 2015
Although the cast looked impressive, this movie really wasn't that good and the storyline was pretty terrible. It's about a man who thinks that he has everything that a man wants out of life, until he finds out that his wife is having an affair and his career is going nowhere. He then becomes a mentor for a sharp kid who helps him turn his life around and shows him how to get the most out of life. I'm usually a fan of Aaron Eckharts work, but he really did make a fool out of himself in this movie. The jokes weren't that funny and the storyline went from one ridiculous scene to another. The director piled up to many different elements which made the film seem messy and not that enjoyable. None of the top actors put in an outstanding performance, which is due to the terrible script, so this is yet another movie that has to get the thumbs down from me. Disappointing!

Aaron Eckhart really let me down in this film, alongside Jessica Alba and Elizabeth Banks who were also not that great. There were also some other big names in the film, like Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis, but they weren't in the movie that much. I was impressed with the young looking Logan Lerman whose also starred in Fury, the Percy Jackson franchise and Noah but I just found it hard to find the film slightly amusing. I'm not surprised that it made such a lose at the box office but I am surprised with the budget which must have gone towards the actors wages. Anyway, it's worth a watch if you just want some noise in the background but I personally think that it was a waste of a good cast.

Budget: $5million
Worldwide Gross: $347,000 (Terrible!)

I recommend this movie to people who are into their comedies about a man whose goes through a mid-life crisis after finding out that his wife is having an affair. 3/10
January 2, 2015
A comedy movie with some fun moments but only with some smiles here and there. I saw that Jessica Alba had a role so i had to see it :) Anyway the movie had a fair story about Bill , a man struggling with problems like his job , cheating wife etc.. He becomes a mentor for a student that helps around.. Overall a pretty good light hearted comedy.
March 15, 2014
A guy is going through a bit of a mid-life crisis and has to mentor a young brat. his wife ends up leaving him and his mentor ends up setting him up with a lingerie shop worker. This could have been good. There is a lot of talent from Eckhart, Elizabeth Banks, Jessica Alba, Timothy Olyphant, Kristin Wiig and Logan Lerman. Just not that funny and does nothing interesting. The plot is almost nonexistent.
January 16, 2014
Melissa Wallack for sure should not quit her day job as the script for Meet Bill was a total flat line that even the talents of Aaron Eckhart could barely resuscitate to a weak pulse to sit through, one time. It was stunning that the appearances by the outrageously funny Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis were humorless. Guess Wallack isn't a big fan of plots.
January 6, 2014
The movie starts slowly but is engrossing, Aaron Eckhart is a loser [or considered to be], who works as a 'something' a post specially created for him at a bank that his in-laws own!
So the FAT, chocolate munching, loser meets up with Log, who takes up Bill as his mentor and the fun begins!!
In a way, they teach each other a lesson in living life!

Amazing movie... this one just sinks in by the end and you start appreciating and probably feeling happy for Aaron Eckhart!! Amazing performances by all!!
Btw, this movie didn't surprise me cause Aaron Echkhart usually stars in nice movies!!!
I love the cracker scene "Dude u want insane!!??!?" Try the hypercoaster!!!
½ October 13, 2013
Ok flick, great that it had a happy ending, glad the guy finally got a set and took back his life.
August 18, 2013
Made me laugh . . . so much. Loved the scenes with Logan Lerman.
½ August 11, 2013
I don't know why I like this movie so much. It just speaks to me.
April 2, 2013
A laugh or two here and there. I'm glad the cast didn't try more than they did..
March 17, 2013
Aaron eckhart is as good as ever, but the film is not.
½ March 7, 2013
Meh...not really worth the time spent watching it but thankfully it's pretty short.
½ February 18, 2013
This movies is intellectually not stimulating, the jokes are not funny and the story is way too standard. A totally boring movie. The young boy wanting Bill as a mentor is a weak and uninteresting storyline, the way his midlife crisis is played out is not convincing, the fact he wants to open a donut franchise because his job bores him to death is strange. Don't watch this one, it's a waste of your time.
January 22, 2013
American Beauty meets Two Face!
January 7, 2013
Really worth watching, not only to kill time. Entertaining and hugely inspiring.
½ December 15, 2012
Is it possible to care less about Bill?
½ December 9, 2012
Strange movie but Aaron Eckhart is enjoyable to watch.