Bu neng shuo de. mi mi (Secret) Reviews

• Sep 24, 2014

This was one of the most bizarre experiences I've had watching a movie. Secret has plenty that's wrong with it. It is badly done, badly written, uneven, and has no idea what kind of film its wants to be. It is a confused, illogical mess. And yet, the strange thing is, in a strange way I liked it. Its hard to explain, but to summarize I would say Secret is a bad movie, but I liked it. There are moments of real charm and poignancy. The two leads find truth and connection in their romantic scenes, especially Lun Mei Guey. She is the heart of the film, and she has wonderful chemistry with Jay Chou. In addition to the two leads, Secret also has a love of music that it instills in it's characters. One of the sillier scenes in the film involves a "Piano Battle" between two characters. Its completely lubricous, but at the same time undeniably fun and earnestly made. That's what makes this film work; it's intentions are honest and everything is earnestly told. So even when the film completely jumped the shark, and it does numerous times, I found myself willing to forgive it. When the film ended I felt oddly satisfied, despite it's numerous flaws. In way I've never seen before, Secret achieves a measure of charm in it's earnest awfulness.

• Sep 14, 2014

• Oct 30, 2013

I love this movie and the storyline is quite good! The soundtrack for this movie is awesome too!

• Oct 16, 2013

Jay Chou acts like he's imitating a lamp post, but he directs pretty aight. Kinda like Ben Affleck.

• Oct 05, 2013

I really like it, Anythony Wong and Gwei are very good though Jay Chou really hasnt approved in acting. Though I think he makes a better director than an actor

• Aug 13, 2013

Unforgettable memories of my school life~

Unforgettable memories of my school life~

• Aug 08, 2013

This show is magnificent!!

This show is magnificent!!

• Jul 13, 2013

Good golly, Jay Chou wrote and directed this? While his acting still leaves much to be desired, he may actually have some writing and acting chops. For the most part this is still standard teen romantic movie, lots of tender lovey-eyed moments, but very nicely shot. However, it is the story and its final moments with actress Lun-Mei that really lifts the movie up. That, and of course, Anthony Wong.

• Jul 12, 2013

Wow, a romantic story with a bit of fantasy. I loved it! The piano pieces were amazing, comedy, drama, and beauty. All in one movie. Jay Chou really is a genius for writing and starring in this fantastic film. Definitely recommend this one to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. To me personally it was better than the Notebook slightly. It's a simple love story, with a twist

• Jan 21, 2013

a very brilliant first attempt by jay Chou as a director, awesome story and soundtrack and photography