Untraceable Reviews

• Jul 15, 2019

for a suspense thriller, i was thrilled when it was finally over. over half the movie is Diane Lane staring at a computer monitor.

• Jul 13, 2019

Very good, psychological thriller!

Very good, psychological thriller!

• Dec 29, 2018

Untraceable is a disappointing film. It is about an FBI agent Jennifer Marsh who is tasked with hunting down a seemingly untraceable serial killer who posts live videos of his victims on the Internet. Diane Lane and Colin Hanks give terrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Gregory Hoblit did a horrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.

• Sep 16, 2018

Kitten tortured to death gruesomely as opening scene. Be advised, animals are commonly killed gratuitously in the making of films in spite of the false ASPCA statement at the end of credits, if the producers even care enough to insert it. Don't waste your time condoning this by watching this crap.

• Mar 12, 2018

Forgive the cap locks. I don't know why it is forcing me to scream. I don't know why people see this as a bad movie. It had the non-stop action of a good thriller and was actually pretty accurate with the theory of the dark web red room. working in high tech all of my life and being a fan of scary stories, i just found it amusing to find so many people who really know nothing about the internet hitting the video hard. Were you expecting something else? A romance?

• Oct 23, 2017

As suspense thrillers go, this one is just okay. It has a strong cast headed up by Diane Lane, respectable production values, but really the story has been done before (think "Seven") and some of the scenes are quite disturbing, as if they were taken right out of an Eli Roth horror flick. The real downfall here is the directing, which is pedestrian at best. It also has a very disappointing ending, which doesn't wrap up many of the dangling parts of the story. Ho hum...

• Sep 02, 2017

A big budget shock thriller that tells a foreboding parable about the dangers of our Internet obsessed society. Diane Lane does what she can with a mediocre script as a cyber crimes detective with the FBI who is in charge of tracking down a sadistic killer who has created a website in which he tortures and eventually kills random people after receiving x amount of likes. It's tame and lame in portions and the identity of the killer is given far too early to allow for the amount of suspense it wants.

• Apr 06, 2017

Procedural, mildly entertaining, cyber serial killer flick.

Procedural, mildly entertaining, cyber serial killer flick.

• Jan 06, 2017

Very intense thriller! The disturbing element of all these inter-connected killings being streamed live online was the amount of people watching these horrific acts.

• Nov 20, 2016