Meeting Resistance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meeting Resistance Reviews

½ November 4, 2009
Meeting resistance is a documentary that will open your eyes on the true face of resistance and give a kick to those who believes fedyadeen are just extremists. A must see!

I would also advise you to see "The War Tapes", to explore the other side of the conflicts (the American view). Soldiers were videotaped themselves during their tour, instead of being followed by journalists.

In any cases, these movies will show you that all mainstream media are just omitting truth and giving a biased view on this war...

Go see it!
July 9, 2008
I liked this movie because it looked at the Iraqi resistance from a more personal angle, talking to some of the members about what is going on. If you made it as far as to read this, then I definetly think you should watch this docu.
May 25, 2008
More information was needed to make this movie good. The biggest theme was that Iraqis were fighting for their country and Allah. (Interesting viewpoint, because as an American, I would never say that fighting for my country is fighting for God. I don't think that God values man-made governments or wants murder.)
May 19, 2008
Apparently, Iraqi resistance fighters don't appreciate their country being invaded. Groundbreaking journalism. /sarcasm
May 16, 2008
It's a very interesting look into the make up of the Iraqi insurgency. It has some interesting footage of seemingly "ordinary" Iraqis joining Fedayeen or Arab fighters in battle with U.S. troops.
The reviewer complaining about the lack of names and the blurred faces misses the fact that these people are engaged in carrying out or supporting armed attacks on U.S. soldiers. It would endanger their security to agree to have their names published and faces shown clearly.

If anyone wants to borrow this one, I can lend it to them.
½ April 10, 2008
A documentary that both upset and angered me, however it amazed me that the directors and film crew was able to interview the martyrs of Jihad knowing their life was at risk if trust became a problem. Overall, not a bad effect, but compelling viewing nevertheless.
March 21, 2008
Looks like they got some nice material but didn't quite know what to make of it themselves. Though I am sure it was quite a challenge to get the material, there is only a vague sense of everybody's viewpoint; it's really a poorly made documentary that makes it hard for us to either gain insight in the bigger picture or even gain insight in the lives and motivations of the interviewees. The directors would probably have been able to deliver a better doc if they had documented their own experiences in living there and trying to obtain the material. It seems ridiculously preposterous that you can just hop over, risk your life to get a few statements on film and then come back to the west and deliver some grand new insight. And it turns out that indeed it is preposterous. Gutsy work, but get your head together before you attempt another documentary.
January 21, 2008
Poorly crafted, lacking in tension, movement and structure. Egregiously violates basic protocol of journalistic integrity as not a single source sited by name: interviewees purported to be "resistance fighters" are never named and their faces are obscured. Who exactly was interviewed? For the first 50 minutes of film, these faceless, anonymous, unnamed individuals spew hateful religious rhetoric designed to equate the Iraqi resistance with "Crazy Muslims."

Editing techniques also designed to vilify: close ups of Iraqi butchers cutting bloody meat juxtaposed with fighters working out in the gym; sinister music whenever one of them is speaking. Lacking in sophistication and depth.

In short, an Islamophobic, racist propaganda film that makes a mockery of it's own bi-line which claims to "get into the mind of the resistance." Filmmakers stayed 10 months in Western style hotels with air conditioning, not in the homes of ordinary Iraqis.
December 21, 2007
I so want to see this film! Update: It's coming to the Bay Area in January! Woohoo!