Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moon Reviews

January 7, 2016
One of those quiet, slightly trippy guy on his own in space movies. Reminiscent of Solaris, and really good :)
December 24, 2015
One of my ALL-TIME favorites!! Sam Rockwell is BRILLIANT!!
December 16, 2015
Excelente historia, una actuación de Sam Rockwell que es increíble, Kevin Spacey como Gerty, un soundtrack muy peculiar y un tercer acto muy bueno hacen que esta película sea una pequeña obra de arte :)
½ December 13, 2015
A potential concept without a skillful story-telling.
December 12, 2015
Wonderfully compelling sci-fi film and a superb debut from Duncan Jones. Man's loneliness in the void of space is brilliantly portrayed by Sam Rockwell. It is a fantastic example of a sci-fi film that really makes you think and reassess our relationship with other life. Wonderfully paced, full of ideas and a great score, it is an intriguingly old-fashioned science fiction movie.
December 6, 2015
I wasn't sure about this one at the beginning, but I'm glad that I stayed with it. Thoughtful little sci-fi film. Rockwell is great
November 15, 2015
Very interesting sci-fi flick that tests the weirdness of cloning without regulation. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. I've always loved Sam Rockwell.
½ November 11, 2015
Featuring an out of this world performance by Sam Rockwell, Moon's simple setting but thrilling premise makes for great and enthralling entertainment.
November 10, 2015
Highly creative and inventive low budget sci fi with a great twist
November 5, 2015
You have to love Rockwell. What a great performance. Wasn't bored for one minute.
½ November 3, 2015
A very interesting science-fiction, clever and well constructed, that boasts a solid performance by Sam Rockwell and a noteworthy debut direction by David Bowie's son, Duncan Jones.
½ November 1, 2015
Great one man show of a performance from Sam Rockwell. I would have liked more of a climax but I think the movie was going more for its message rather than a blockbuster finale. I feel like this movie will stick with me in terms of its ideas about what it means to be a person.
October 30, 2015
Moon! Moon is directed by Duncan Jones and stars Sam Rockwell! This movie surprised me with the way it went with it's story and the director of photographys work, subtle but nicley framed. I dont want to spoil anything if you haven't seen moon yet, but the story leads you to believe somthing and then turns it around excellently and doesnt butcher the movie and makes a good and somewhat logical twist in the middle of the movie. i reccomend moon to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
½ October 27, 2015
It's interesting to watch a film with a "twist" focus on the journey, not the destination, an unusually nonchalant approach to what seems like should be a pretty major turn in the storytelling. But either way, Sam Rockwell is (unsurprisingly) gold.
½ October 27, 2015
Combining a moving story about humanity with a damning indictment of corporate callousness and greed, Moon far exceeded my expectations. With obvious homages to 2001: A Space Odyssey, some of which stray a little close to rip-offs in my opinion, the film truly engulfs you in its extra-terrestrial world, using smooth camera work, gorgeous cinematography and a beautiful musical score to create an atmosphere of isolation and restriction. Sam Rockwell is truly stellar, no pun intended, in the lead role, infusing his character with range, depth and genuine emotion, shining in every moment he's on screen. With a smart but spare script, an intriguing and constantly evolving storyline and a gripping central performance, watching Moon is a truly wonderful experience, and one I'm sure to enjoy many more times in the future.
October 26, 2015
It has a feel that everything means something else. Alot is either borrowed from 2001, or made as an homage to it: I view it as the latter - and that makes it work quite well. Good performance and sets. Well worth a watch.
½ October 25, 2015
What struck me about Moon was that it was interesting aesthetically and in regards to performance but not fantastic. I remain a detractor in terms of Sam Rockwell and while the visual landscape of Moon was involving, it wasn't encompassing. Combined with a sudden, lurching plot, the movie is watchable, interesting even but ultimately not comparable to gems like Interstellar, Sunshine and The Martian.
October 23, 2015
What a good movie, great acting Rockwell!
½ October 21, 2015
Sam Rockwell is a revelation in this very low budget sci-fi masterpiece.