Moon Reviews

• Nov 16, 2020

great cojncept. would probs happen lmao

great cojncept. would probs happen lmao

• Oct 29, 2020

Interesting plot. Moved kind of slow, but the acting saved it. Sam did an excellent job. Glad I saw it.

• Oct 23, 2020

I honestly thought this was made by Nolan before I knew who made it. Masterfully twisty and unpredictable. One of my favorites.

• Oct 12, 2020

A very dull film. Plenty of promise, moments of intrigue - but ultimately leads nowhere, culminating in an extremely weak ending. Very strong performance from Sam Rockwell though, saving the film from utter oblivion.

• Oct 10, 2020

Quite but very intriguing, slow but very intense, Sam Rockwell's performance is excellently well and it is basically the best part of the film, and the film itself is also impressive as well.

• Aug 25, 2020

Great watch, would watch again, and do recommend. Sam Rockwell no only carries the movie, but he's literally the only person in the movie that isn't on a screen. He plays off himself amazingly well and really balances the struggles of both the individual and the clone to clone interaction. The struggle feels like how someone would react to the situation, and Rockwell adds his own special flair to it. The setting of Luna is amazing, granted it's mostly in the small station, but it makes me jealous that we haven't established moon colonies. Space madness might be a real thing, but it is because someone is alone and not part of a group. I want more movies like this for every reason: more Sam Rockwell, more Luna settings, more clone movies, more isolation theory, more, "OMG, MY ENTIRE LIFE IS A LIE, WHAT IS HAPPENING!".

• Aug 03, 2020

Sam Rockwell should've won an Oscar for this for this instead, but everything he's in feels perfect, so... 10/10

• Jul 04, 2020

Moon is an interesting use of the living on a distant planet science fiction category. Rather than focusing on the character escaping, Sam Rockwell's character knows he's going to escape… until he doesn't. When it's revealed that Sam Rockwell had all the clones of himself, I was captivated. This shift in the plot immediately made the film much more interesting, but it did seem slightly too early in the overall plot. Which was my problem with Moon, everything was either too predictable, or too early in the film to keep the suspense going for the entire time. That's what I have felt on this movie for a long while, however, it did recently occur to me that that's kind of the point. Moon isn't meant to be like other science fiction films. This isn't about shooting things with lasers or explosions, really, it's about rich characters being forced to deal with one another. Being that he had to pull off so much, Sam Rockwell truly gave a brilliant performance as Sam in this movie. The interesting thing is that there are almost no other actors, Same Rockwell makes the entire movie work, and I give him props for that. I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of this movie, the pacing and the interactions all worked so well. But that last quarter is really my problem. Moon seemed like it should have had some huge twist at the end, revealing something that shook the plot of the movie, but it didn't. Everything the majority of the movie was leading to kind of fell apart here. While there was some emotion at the end, it just wasn't enough. I suppose I may have been putting this film up to high expectations due to how much I liked the first three acts, but the ending just didn't work for me. Overall, I truly enjoyed the creative take this movie had, but I just couldn't help but feel that it was missing something.

• Jun 28, 2020

A guy on a moon contract blunders before set to return to earth, which makes him discover unusual secrets. Intriguing and fun.

• Jun 12, 2020